Meg Whitman confirms HP is working on a smartphone, says it better be done "right than fast"
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:08
HP's new CEO Meg Whitman is apparently not willing to go down without a fight in the smartphone arena. Asked in an interview with a business news outlet, she commented that HP "ultimately has to offer a smartphone", and that they are "working on it"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:19 3 2
I miss webOS but willing to wait and see what they have to offer.
2. hf199 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:33 3 1
This is awesome news for us webOS fans! An open sourced webOS phone, YES! It was and sometimes still is ahead of its time. Superior synergy and notifications!
3. IliyaBeshkov posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:37 3 0
I want a HP smartphone with Intel processor running on Windows Phone 8!!!
4. cdgoin posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:42 3 1
I want a portrait QWERTY phone, with a keyboard like the old iPaq (BTW why doesnt HP sue Apple for stealing the i. But I digress.. I want it from anyone. If HP made it, then it would be DIFFERENT.. and god knows I am tired of the same rectangle bricks.
5. Hemlocke posted on 14 Sep 2012, 10:28 0 4
HP doesn't sue because the iPaq was not innovative, nor was it even close to being the first device of its kind. Palm and Apple were in that space before them (Palm's original PDAs and the Apple Newton). The problem with HP, right now, is Meg is so desperate to turn it around that most of what they are churning out is garbage or blatant Apple MBA ripoffs. This company just needs to go quietly into that long goodnight.
6. TheLibertine posted on 14 Sep 2012, 12:38 3 1
Wise statement - a smart woman. Elop, get in the kitchen!
7. frustyak posted on 14 Sep 2012, 15:47 0 2
I'm beginning to think that HP doesn't have a clue what they're doing.
9. myclevername posted on 15 Sep 2012, 12:43 0 0
Anyone else think she looks like Kathy Bates?
10. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 06:36 0 0
i like this story!! i hope webOS the best!!!