Meet the HTC Desire 616: HTC's first octa-core Android smartphone
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2014, 01:37 posted on
Desire 616 features an eight-core processor manufactured by MediaTek. HTC should launch the new handset in China - at least for the beginning...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The front is what the M8 should have been.
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 1563; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Even though I do think the front of the M8 is a step down from the M7, it's not bad. Now comparing the front of the M8 to the front of this phone... omg, this front is pretty ugly, man. You must be kidding. Please tell me you were kidding...
11. maherk (Posts: 3729; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I won't go this far. But while I was rooting for this phone, and how sleek it is, I saw the comparison video with the M7, and it would've made sense being this tall with a true 5" screen and capacitive screen buttons, not the on screen buttons. Again, as much I am in love with the gorgeous curves on this phone, I did find it awkward for a 5 incher to be this tall.
18. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
He thinks samsungs are good looking phones. Enough said. Don't waste yr time with him.
2. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That Camera would be better than that on the M8
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now HTC is also following their flagship's design everywhere, atleast midrange.
15. ancellim (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
5'' and HD screen? This is the successor to the Desire 600 last year - its codename was 606w, and this is 616w. HTC always gives a better design and user interface than all other brands. Which brand can give you a 5'' HD screen and 1.7 GHz processor?
23. maroon1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Are you aware that GHz mean noting when you compare different acrhiture. MediaTek Octa is based on ARM Cortex A7 which is a low-end and low power CPU used for budget phones.