Meet the Eton Thor, a 5,000mAh-battery monster from distant China
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 02:48 posted on
If you have ever run out of battery in the middle of a busy day with no chargers nearby, you most probably know what it feels like to behold the dreaded "battery low" warning message. It's no news that manufacturers usually decide not to throw a bigger battery in the back, as they prefer a sleeker form factor and more appealing design. But the Chinese Eton Thor perfectly combines the two things – although it's 9 mm thick, it is toting a power bank with a whopping capacity of 5,000mAh...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jeeta444 (Posts: 144; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Sony xperia T2 ultra with 6" ips lcd , 7.6 mm and 3000 mah battery lasts longer...
Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 1120 h (2G)/Up to 1093 h(3G)
Talk time Up to 16 h (2G) / Up to 30 h (3G)
Music play Up to 89 h
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 1065; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Oh my sweet jeezus.
Couple that with proper battery optimisation..
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I was stunned by motorola's razr maxx's 3500mah battery back then. But today you can easily find 3000+mah phones. Then that lenovo's p780(correct me if i'm wrong) with 4000mah and now this 8inch tablet class battery. Wow.
4. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
5k is too much for me..
I would prefer one in the 4.3-4.7k...
5. ultimatewarrior (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Innos D10 is still the biggest battery iv'e seen at 6000mah.
8. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1156; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I'd still charge it every day, because I get agitated when the battery is not at 100%
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Still like to know why the blue hell can any manufacturer can't learn from the CHINESE using MASSIVE BATTERIES like this here in the STATES
14. Tech_Junkie1996 (Posts: 43; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
I just realized that it says "although its 9mm thick". This not thick for a phone. Its about the size of the Optimus G from 2 years ago, and still thinner than most midrange devices. Heck, its only .03 in thicker than a S5! So, stop saying that these devices are thick when they really arent,; especially when they are carrying something as massive as a 5000 man battery.