Meet iMpulse – the smallest game controller for iPhone and Android
0. phoneArena 15 Oct 2012, 09:21 posted on
Kickstarter is a place where a lot of great product concepts can be found, an iMpulse is one of them. It is a wireless controller for mobile devices – smartphones, tablets, and the like, with support for both iOS and Android. What can you do with it, you ask? Well, the proper question would be what can't you do with the tiny gizmo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. toyboyz (Posts: 158; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
Hahaha! This design is from a guy who designed the same exact configuration game controller for a sony vaio ux.:-) :O
2. mio15 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
Dual Sticks would have been nice. Playing a Shooter on a Touchscreen is the real deal breaker. But still very nice concept.
3. dsmboost (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Majority of high quality games require moving the camera around..this controller would be utterly useless for those games. I can only see this being useful for casual games, racing games or emulators. It is definitely a neat concept, though.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3492; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Those camera dependant games involves movements too much...i'd rather play a game with buttons. And this is a nice not... Though i think the 'i' prefix won't be a good name if it's also meant for Android lovers who have 'i'.
5. buccob (Posts: 2460; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If they would put a gyro sensor and digital compass in the iMpulse, they could use that for Aiming in some shooter games such as NOVA and Modern Combat... and driving or flight simulators such as Chaos and X Plane
Some games are compatible with such sensors instead of touching the screen for aiming and looking around...
6. dsmboost (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Modern Combat, Nova, Shadow Gun, Dead Space, Order & Chaos, Batman, Spiderman..basically all 3d games that require moving a character around in a 3d space or aiming require moving the camera around the environment.
7. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
is anyone else getting sick of the 'i' in everything? besides android has way better options if you root it
8. frustyak (Posts: 202; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
If it will enable me to drive in a straight line in GTA III on my Nexus 7, I'm sold.
9. antmiu2 (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
if only it had L / R buttons I would throw my money at it!
12. absolete (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I'd rather this to be honest... 2 analog sticks and bumper buttons..