MeeGo head, team leave Nokia, it’s the end of the platform
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2012, 03:58 posted on
Yesterday, we saw MeeGo version 1.3 roll out to the handful of users who picked a Nokia N9 despite Nokia selling it in very limited markets, and today we hear about the head of the MeeGo…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
ahh back in Nokia's days of glory
if Nokia ever reads this listen to your fans no one wants WP
they all want maemo and Intel based phones
it is certainly more capable than windows phone and so far it's been more successful despite no ads nothing limited countries
listen to the people Nokia
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
correct but certianly not more powerfull then WP from any espect and nokia had no time for maturing the meego after N9 they already on fire
21. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
why dont nokia make a special edition which triple boots symbian meego and wp. its sure to grab attention from users
20. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Triple boot phone with symbian, meego, and wp ?
2. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
There goes an amazing platform much more worthy than Symbian
7. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The n900 launched a few days after I bought my Nokia n97 .
N900 is a way more capable device .
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I hope the CEO after Steven Elop is more considerate
and uses more than one OS
10. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Expecting Mercy from an arrogant + man-eating + terrorist is somewhere possible, than expecting this change from that Tr0janHor$e Fl0p...
4. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Its elop who should've left in their place.
6. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Its sad, a company is great only due to its talented employees, now Nokia is losing them.
Can't they handle a small team its easy cut down elop's salary.
Here goes my hopes of Linux disruption from Nokia.
8. yowanvista (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
So what's their Backup Plan? Can't be Symbian or Meego since they're both Dead.
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think the smarterphone OS...
9. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Dear Mr.Stephen Elop
If Mr.Peter Chou (HTC's CEO) can use both Android and Windows phone while also using their own OS for HTC smart like Symbian Then you can use Android at the same time too. But leaving maemo os in the dust will slow you down how about making Trizen
OS arrive as an update to nokia n9 since it is the same os as meego and try your best to make windows phone the best
11. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Should be android. But I need good hardware which only Nokia can give.
I love nokia.
12. mercorp (Posts: 985; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Nokia N9-most innovative nokia phone ever.
13. Aeires (unregistered)
N9 is a beauty, Nokia screwed up big time. Meego has the potential to be the next Android with all the developer potential.
14. vishalvenky (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
V all knew this.. Nokia did a bad decision by going to win7/8 phones.. if they had created
1.Myriad Alien Dalvik (android apps compatable layer)
2.apps for maemo and meego rather than windows
3.improved OS with some extra fittings like pure view,dual/quad core support etc
i bet Google would have had a tough battle with maemo and meego.. i own the third device(moreover its a "BEAST") in the pic("proud" to say it) and how many know that it can control a PS Sixaxis controller??(and android is still struggling to do it).. that too in 2009!! with an PC on par browser!!.. Nokia were very very ahead with an excellent OS..anyways wishing luck for Nokia with WP..
19. Altair (Posts: 340; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Once again unprofessional article from Victor.
First of all, maemo/meego team doesnt have anything to do with hardware or design. All they do, is OS software. Nokia has design team which takes care of all those cute devices. Chief designer Marko Ahtisaari and his team is currently working with wp8 devices.
What comes to that forum troll statemant "people want maemo/meego", "listen to people". Thats what Nokia is doing. Feedback and consumer requests clearly shows out, that people wants windows phones instead of meego devices like N9.