MediaTek to have a quad-core processor by the end of the year, cheap quad-core phones to follow
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2012, 08:58 posted on
Chinese chip maker MediaTek will reportedly be ready with its first quad-core processor by the end of the year. Until now, MediaTek had single- and dual-core solutions that were mainly used in affordable handsets, but it looks like...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. hung2900 (Posts: 821; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It is said that MTK6588 has quad Cortex-A7s and PowerVR SGX 544 GPU.
Mediatek's SoCs always have dual-sim support with ~$200 price, so it's a good choice.
5. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Something with an ARMv8 instruction set and also 64bit
6. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Quad-cores for mid-range then what monsters could be on top? Eight-cores? Or quads with hyper thread?
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
chipo quatro! cant wait for that!