MediaTek is getting more tablet chip orders
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2013, 05:22 posted on
MediaTek is a growing force. The chip maker first saw its silicon adopted by white-box Chinese smartphone makers, but now as it’s gotten recognition from first tier brands…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. boosook (Posts: 1207; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The last thing that was still designed in the US was chipsets...
5. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
ARM is based in Britain. They were never US designs.
2. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I would say welcome mediatek and goodbye to those not innovative enough to compete anymore...
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
How is their no competition, a year ago the best phones were the GS3 and HTC One X, new phones like the Optimus G2 are scoring over 3x higher in benchmarks. 3x the power in less than a year is insane.
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1402; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
More the merrier! With all the added business qualcom and nvidia among others will have to do more now
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 868; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
While the cheap SOC's are nice for competition, they should come out with a premium line for high end handsets. Their processing power isn't too far behind whats needed but their graphics are pretty weak.