MediaTek expects to ship 200 million smartphone chips in 2013, preparing a tablet processor for Q3
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:55
MediaTek is probably the fastest growing chip maker, and while you might have heard of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chips or Nvidia’s Tegra…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy posted on 08 Feb 2013, 06:26 0
6589 based phones have already been announced in India expected to go on sale by end of this month or march.
5. Victor.H posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:14 0
True, we're looking forward to see the Micromax Canvas HD, that's probably going to be the first MT6589 phone.
7. shuaibhere posted on 08 Feb 2013, 11:03 0
That's awesome for that price tag...I'm waiting to see it in action...
2. Velda posted on 08 Feb 2013, 06:36 0
With all of respect. Tegra is not competitor for anyone at smartphone market. Share of Tegra is also minimal.
4. Victor.H posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:13 1
Speaking from a US standpoint, it is noticeable, and that's our perspective here.
3. rihel_95 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 07:06 2
Micromax Canvas HD A116 has a mediatek quad core in it and an HD(1280 x 720) IPS display and a 8 mp camera, but only priced at INR 10,000 (around 185 Dollar). No other big brands can compete.
9. TylerGrunter posted on 08 Feb 2013, 11:19 0
Neither they need to compete: it uses a Mediatek MT6589, which is chipset worth of 2011, hardly competition with the 2012 ones. With a GPU PowerVR 544 SINGLE CORE. Even if it´s quad core it can lag as hell being HD.
Only because of that most of the people (outside India) would not even look at the phone.
11. shuaibhere posted on 08 Feb 2013, 20:21 1
Canvas 2 is INR 10,000..
Canvas HD if said to be priced around INR 15,000...
6. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:55 0
Isn't the nexus 4 already cheap? (except in some developing nations)
8. TylerGrunter posted on 08 Feb 2013, 11:03 0
Nexus 4 is very cheap for a flagship, Mediatek makes chips for the REALLY cheap phones.
We are talking about phones that cost less than $150, half the $300 tha the nexus 4 costs.
10. GALAXY-STORM posted on 08 Feb 2013, 11:22 0
Yea looking forward to micromax canvas hd a116. But the processor runs on a7 architecture not the a15. Can the a7 handle graphic intintensive games without lagging issues?.
Though I checked the phone's review it was sleak on stock android.