Mea Culpa: On its U.K. site, Apple admits to publishing inaccurate statement about Samsung
0. phoneArena 03 Nov 2012, 11:50 posted on
Apple has finally published a statement that pleases the court; Apple had published a statement that was more of a self-serving advertisement for the Apple iPad than the court ordered notice that Samsung's tablets did not infringe on Apple's patents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
2. jroc74 (Posts: 4783; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Wow....didnt even catch that the first time. Apple is so used to thinking everything is a copy of them....they included tablets that were found not guilty...
3. quakan (Posts: 1188; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I guess it's not easy being the best, Apple.
6. jroc74 (Posts: 4783; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
One ....of the best.
Apple doesnt have the smartphone and tablet market cornered anymore...
19. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I laughed when I read it...again worst apology ever...
5. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
This should be posted on every ipad homescreen :D
7. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
They should have engraved it on your face :-D
23. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
kronic upset lol
is that apple logo branding on your forehead hurting everytime someones says something against apple
26. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Actually I have no apple logo branding on my head. I am against fandroids who comment impossible stuff. I mean on every ipad homescreen? I bet that doesn't even happen in a parallel universe. And apple going out of business? I mean even thinking like that shows your're insane! The richest company in the world that makes many of the best notebooks and has makes its own operating systems which are extremely secure and have almost everything the competition has to offer? (Exception:widgets and live wallpapers). I like android a lot but I hate the way apps have the liberty to do any s**t they want. Fraudulent apps are not even possible on iOS.
28. Sniggly (Posts: 7038; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Someone doesn't do their research. Companies rise and fall all the time. Just go ask GM and Kodak. Also, there's only so much apps can do on Android, which is why viruses as one thinks of them with Windows don't exist on Android or iOS.
You're as much of a dumbass as you claim "fandroids" are.
29. tedkord (Posts: 4776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Speaking of impossible statements..."fraudulent apps aren't even possible in iOS."
Apparently you don't read much, or you'd remember an iOS developer who had his account suspended last year because his app transmitted your personal info to his server. He did it to force Apple to fix the hole, which he'd been telling them about for some time without any action.
Of course, you'd also know that whenever you install an android app, it lists all permissions the app uses, and the user must OK the install after. Unlike iOS which tells you nothing, including when your app has crashed.
31. jroc74 (Posts: 4783; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Sorry to say.....but you sound like a Apple fanboy...some of the things you posted are not accurate.
33. cheetah2k (Posts: 816; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Nah, but they do need to have an "Introduction to iPad" video tutorial on lauch so that dumb fk Apple iPad users don't think they've wrongly purchased a Galaxy Tab..
FFS, how people think these 2 tabs look the same in the first place is beyond me... I mean, seriously... WTF?
10. Aeires (unregistered)
So Apple's new marketing strategy is to post 100% font, black and white legal statements about court cases, who knew? The fact they tried to pawn off their first apology attempt as "marketing" should have brought them a contempt action.
11. xfire99 (Posts: 512; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Didnt Apple said it gonna take whole 2 weeks to write the form? lmao
14. sarb009 (Posts: 292; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Didnt u know they have a team of liars(lawyers)
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Surprising Tim Cook didn't come out and apologise for the "beta version" of the apology that was first published ... ideally they should have been pulled up for Contempt of court.
21. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
the first part looks good. Then the subsequent parts stink...just like them (Apple)
22. tedkord (Posts: 4776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's so pretty, it's gotta be my new icon!
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
don'nt see much of an apologise but that's the best part
30. LionStone (Posts: 447; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
hehe, i see an admission of guilt...spin it any way you want!
25. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Is it just me that I couldn't find any word contain "Sorry" Apple just copy the "statement" from court !