May 14th event to unveil Nokia Catwalk, 4.7 inch Nokia Lumia 625, but not the Nokia Lumia 928?
0. phoneArena 08 May 2013, 01:05 posted on
According to a source, Nokia is about to introduce its largest-screened model, the Nokia Lumia 625 with a 4.7 inch panel in an effort to continue the marketing of its devices as a good value; consider that despite the largest screen on a Nokia device, the device is expected to be revealed at next week's media event in London along with the Nokia Catwalk...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tigermcm (Posts: 832; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
huh!? the inferior model gets the biggest screen??? Why!?
6. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think its ugly ....large bezel, not much handy
9. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
look at the middle capacitive button ...it is of wp7.5 .....it is not wp8's............this is fake phone....
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
17. jeevan28111992 (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Dude Can't U see the home button its windows 7.8...its just a teaser pic...
7. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
that's another ELOP strategy. I'ts hard to read his mind though.. Let's just wait if it will Flick or Flop.
20. abate (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Do you understand what you are talking?
Before you bash something, you have to check whether you are worth to talk about it.
Here is a link for a ground breaking phone with ground breaking screen..
21. abate (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
And another ground breaking phone with 2014 specs
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ok Nokia.. but still I'll forever support MeeGo and Symbian!!!
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
wait... still a dual core? and a GB of RAM? I know that windows phone don't need multicores or humongous amount of RAM but still, the very reason that people keep calling BlackBerry dated coz of the internals!
12. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
I don't think wp8 itself supports quad-core processors. The kernel may but not the rom itself.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
WP do support quad core processors. Just the lack of 1080p resolution at the moment but i think it's coming up soon.
18. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
You just dais it yourself...WP8 does not need quad core to run properly.
19. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
what the hell...I must have typers cramp....dais!!!!!
8. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wait...so the highly anticipated catwalk that's received so much hype, and is supposed to be a beast is actually...a thin Lumia 920 with less storage space?
and the 625 has lower specs than current midrange lumias? Seems like a step backward. Hope this rumor is false.
13. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Nope 512 mb and dual core s4 msm8225(?) are currently on the mid to low rangers. What puzzles me is the supposed msm8260 on the 625. 512 mb ram doesn't justify the power of that chipset.
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 718; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Sounds reasonable to me, since Lumia 928 will be exclusive only to Verizon in USA, so it makes no sense in launching it at London. Maybe they will have separate even at USA to announce Lumia 928.
I think Nokia should stop their this fetish with 512 MB RAM, now the prices of RAM are not so high that Nokia can't put atleast 1GB RAM in their mid-tier and lower mid-tier phones. C'mon now nokia, you already ruined Lumia 720, due to 512MB RAM, now don't continue to do same thing with other devices. I know WP8 doesn't need high configurations to work, but still lots of apps are incompatible with 512MB RAM in Microsoft store..........
16. roldefol (Posts: 3340; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I had the same thought about the 928. If it's only a marginal improvement over the 920 (xenon flash, maybe an improved speaker), and it's CDMA only and a Verizon exclusive, why would they intro it overseas? They might just quietly start selling it. It's not like Verizon is pushing WP8.
15. sbw44 (Posts: 425; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Did not see people complaining about samsung's galaxy mega 5.8 low ppi screen!
The 625 if true will feature a 4.7" display, with SuperSensitive touch as well as LTE! all this will probably be around $200! This will be a bargain for people who don't want high end phones!
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right dude......!!! that's what nokia strategy is.....!!!
24. aco96 (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
What and ugly design! My X7 is much better designed :)