Mark of the robot – the Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 proudly proclaim they are “Powered by Android”
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 10:13 posted on
When users boot up the Galaxy S5 and the HTC One (M8), two of the hottest smartphones right now, they are greeted with the message "Powered by Android" at startup. Notably, "Android" is written in a classic font that we last saw on the HTC G1, the original Android smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Powered by my go to OS. Can't wait until Aprill 11th!
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
April 11th? Are you getting the HTC One or S5?
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 2891; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I think if it runs Android this nice little greeting should be incorporated period. It's not much to ask considering it was free to use. Also...if it runs Android, the consumer should be able to download all Google apps without having to root the device.
19. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 734; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Yes, we can download all google apps without rooting device. What are you saying?
25. SamDroid (unregistered)
Or Lenovo IdeaTab
5. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I thought this day would come wen all the phones would have this in their boot screen... it is like a dream that actually came true...One of the Worlds most advanved mobile OS... Android... The small green robot of a techie's dream... Thx HTC and Ss.. hoping to see more OEMs with it... Especially moto...
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3505; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
One thing that these do better than Z2 lol. Beautiful font
8. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
In your face Nokia - Now try hiding android in your X line. Soon it'll have to say powered by android tooooooo
29. sprockkets (Posts: 1573; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
they are forked, they don't have to do jack squat
12. nlbates66 (Posts: 318; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
haha, I guess this helps make it obvious if a company like Samsung decided to switch it out, not that they're be able to because of their agreements.
as for those thinking this will effect Nokia in any way- it won't, Nokia isn't part of the Open Handset Alliance (such a misnomer...) and didn't go into any agreement with Google to use Android because they don't bundle any of the google apps, only members wanting google certification (usually so they can get google apps/playstore etc) will likely be affected
13. nlbates66 (Posts: 318; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I should say, it wouldn't be so much to make it obvious if a company like Samsung switched the OS, it's probably more likely hoped that a customer might notice that it says android (remember how many people think of a Galaxy S as a "Samsung" but not an "Android Phone"?) and thus know of the Android brand, but if it only shows up during boot then that kind of affect might be zero.
EDIT: if I ever got another Android device for either myself or a family member i'd probably replace the bootscreen just to spite google. :P
15. Amir1 (Posts: 291; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
S5 - powered by a plaster. M8 - powered by last year's camera.
17. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Amir1 powered by nokia/sony and fueled by hate.
23. Liveitup (Posts: 1787; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
HTC M8 powered by Android, inspired by Windows Phone.
26. SamDroid (unregistered)
I don't even know how you even came close to that kind of logic
28. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
They think blink feed is a rip off of wp tiles.
Its a long stretch, but if it makes them feel better, what the err..let em.
30. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Wear that badge with pride. Best OS in the business.
31. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
it is actually a true fact, that in my country ppl dont really care what OS it is, just that it is by the popular Samsung, it has apps and it is not iphone....(because iphone is quite expensive when compared to its screen size)....they didnt really care about all this, just wanna has a phone with large screen, sitting in starbuck, scrolling facebook or twitter or texting until muscle cramp...but for us (all of us visiting these tech websites), we are all excited with the new phones, their specs, their gorgeous screen pixel density..and so many more, it is like a different guys when we enter electronics shop, for me, my eyes will straightly direct to the phones and tablets, instead of TV, refri, or something else...
32. shaheer7 (Posts: 22; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I think Android phones are better than samsung and Htc :)
34. andynaija (Posts: 648; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Samsung and HTC make android phones, so I don't understand what you mean.
35. shaheer7 (Posts: 22; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Yeah I know.. I was just kidding :D but yeah samsung phone are better than htc... also htc M8 has 2/10 repairing chances only :(