Mark Cuban says the Nokia Lumia "crushes" the Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 24 Dec 2012, 15:47 posted on
Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban is a bit of a maverick himself and is also a member of ABC-TV's Shark Tank along with being a spokesman for Skechers sneakers; the high profile NBA team owner had a thread on Reddit where he promised to answer any question and when the topic came to smartphones, Cuban said that the Nokia Lumia crushes the Apple iPhone 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
That's about right
27. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The only reason the lumina crushes the iphone is because it's a 100lb brick lol
36. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Why do people insist on calling it a lumina?!? I hear it everyday at work! Stop it!!!!
104. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
iPhone's too light because it's empty. :(
112. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
The Chevrolet Lumina is no longer in production but would definitely crush an iPhone. One ton vehicles are known to do that. /s
3. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Guys got a good head on his shoulders I'd say.
8. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I would say Nokia is king of innovation, and the Lumia 920 the pinnacle of produced mobile devices for now in terms of innovation (and most other categories as well)
76. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
For me Nokia did innovate the most in hardware, in software they didn't have a free hand. In software, it was samsung. Some brilliant new features.
89. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nokia always innovated in hardware, but now they're investing in cool software stuff like cinemagraph, Nokia City Lens and the always outstanding Nokia maps and Nokia Drive
6. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I am going to buy new phone 3 days later and it will be probably lumia 920 :D
7. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Best of both worlds, Nokia for WP and Samsung for Android.
18. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
There's 3 worlds. The third is called the real world where iOS, wp8, android, Symbian, and BB all exist.
66. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This guy uses a Windows Phone and an Android. Ergo, two worlds. The Note2 is arguably the best of Androids, despite the Nexus4, and the 929 is unquestionably the best Windows Phone. Yes, there are other realms, but that isn't the focus of the article
74. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
920, pardon my typo^
929 is a neat car though, last RWD sedan Mazda made in the U.S., I believe.
12. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
theres a device code named hero coming to verizon and it will have a pureview camera
29. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I got my wife the Lumia 822. Its actually really sweet! It crushes my Android device.
90. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
According to some rumors the phone headed to Verizon will be thinner and lighter compared to 920, more RAM and 64GB of internal storage, and an all-new pureview camera, I hope that the rumors are true.
88. Bernoulli (Posts: 2118; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Then it's time to change to a gsm carrier that will allow you to have the phone you want
11. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
if he said SGS3 or SG NOTE 2 I will believe but lumia 920 NO
79. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
first and the main reason is the details in the camera isn't good enough
second the windows phone os doesn't have many apps like android
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 14127; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Android which I also use had been around a lot longer. Give wp the time to mature...look what maturation did for android, ios
113. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I hear what you're saying for the second reason but being a WP7.5 user myself I find that reason to be a weak one.
Does it have the same variety or sheer number of apps as Android and iOS? No. To counter that I would say nearly 90% of the apps I need are in the Marketplace (sadly no Hulu Plus yet).
You have to give WP Marketplace time to mature and grow.
15. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
if he owns lumia 920 it doesn't means that i owned a lumia..!!!
30. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I have three of those, note2, lumia920, and iphone, plus blackberry 9900. still iphone is my primary one and lumia 920 is the second. get a littebit disappointed with lumia because of the lack of wp8 apps/games compared to ios/android.
45. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Seriously, Microsoft can tell me that they have a billion apps in there market but it doesn't matter if they aren't the top name ones. Apps are the only thing that makes me think about switching back to Android.
56. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
The apps they have seem so much more in depth than that of Android. For example Ringtones. I have to use stupid Zedge. It maybe has 1 out of 4 songs I want. Meanwhile the very first ringtone app on my wifes Lumia 822, which I never heard of has every one Ive tried.
The more I use her Lumia the more I dislike Android with all of its faults.
57. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You can make a ringtone from any song you put on on your phone with the right app on Android. I use a music player called PowerAmp. And I can make a ring tone from any song in my library. Just long press on a song, select more and select make ringrone.
Unless there is some specifc reason you have to use Zedge...
63. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Yes I know you can "make it" but why have to? So Android is the OS that makes you have to take extra steps to do what Windows simplifies?
Not to mention most of the time the ringtone might be a song I don't care to own, just use as a ringer. I don't want to download it, then cut it into a ringer.
Hence the reason why I use Zedge and envy Windows advanced ringtone apps.
64. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
In this instance...its not so much the OS but the app or app ratings in the Google Store. I just did a different search and found what could be considered better than Zedge. Does basically the same thing. But its not under ringtones. And might not be as popular.
I mentioned songs on the phone because you said songs in your post. But hey, glad you found what works for you.
73. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
What's the name of the app? Id replace Zedge in a heartbeat.
By the way props on the screen name. Trailer Park Boys are insane!!
107. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its called MP3 Music Download...lol. Its not as diverse as Zedge...but for just ringtones...it seems better.
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6946; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now this guy is smart rather Nokia than iPhone
37. barondebxl (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I just received my lumia 920 2 hours ago and i was very happy when i read this article. It is indeed an amazing phone. Its so freaking fast. Im an android guy and will stay an android guy for a very long time, but i like to try different phones and this 920 is really really impressive.
41. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I've had the lumia 920 for at least a month now so I'll tell you the niggles that annoy me. 1. Neither nokia music or xbox music has a manual refresh. 2. No select all in music. 3. No universal search. 4. Windows xp is dead (not missed) 5. High brightness eats through battery(on high standby is about a day, on low it is more than 4 days) 6. Impossible to sideload xap files. No file manager. 7. No usb on the go. 8. Unable to download videos inside internet explorer (UC browser can though) 9. Album art is not always accurate. 10. Nfc isn't as easy as it should be. Android has many hidden features that I dont even use. Both cater to different people. I use my lumia more often though. I used to be a flashaholic but not anymore
everything else is awesome. These are what is stopping me from giving the phone a 10/10. All software related. These to me are deal breakers.
48. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Appreciate the unbiased opinions. Its refreshing.
70. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The album art issue isn't exclusive to one OS, it depends on where they get their info from. On the HTC Sensation I had for a while it changed them around and even after manually loading all the right album art from my computer it still wouldn't match, and would often default to a picture in my Gallery.
There are file managers in developer editions and with the right software, but in my 8 months if WP ownership I have not yet found a need for it.
What do you mean about the manual refresh? Different group of music to play?
42. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I cannot offer enough praise to Nokia for the Lumia 920. It really is the best phone (in terms of usability and features) currently on the market. And yes, that includes the galaxy note 2. Unless you've used the 920, don't talk crap, because it really is "THAT" good.
Oh, and a Merry Christmas to all you Christians.
49. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is some major advertising for WP. MS better take it and run with it.
53. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Nah. This guy can't be a billionaire. Only people who can't afford iPhones buy Android. Right?
81. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
In fact not owning an outdated device is becoming a "Status Symbol" these days :D
97. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
dang!!! How did this comment sneak in here...it is so insulting in so many ways. Just like people who use Blackberrys are 60 year old accountants right? For your own sake I hope you dont walk around saying s&^ like this my dude.
102. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Based on his history...I am thinking it was sarcasm...
109. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Guess I was too subtle? Or, I sound exactly like the iFanboys here.
54. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
He likes the Lumia. That's all that matters. Don't need to make a big issue out of it.
55. YouGotTrolledSon (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
ppl over rate lumia920 so much just because of its camera technology .. its just over weight phone with crappy os.. sure .. it may be better than iPhone but not even close to any android high end devices. btw I've used lumia920
59. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
If you had billions, would you own more than two phones as this author suggest you would? Just think, maybe that's why he's a billionaire and continues to be so unlike some sports celebrities and lottery winners. He owns only TWO!
60. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I agree and I don't like Windows Phone.
80. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Great so he doesn't consider iPhone to be a "STATUS Symbol" -a myth that's slowly biting dust.