Man uses a rifle to kill his Apple iPhone 4s to protest removal of bitcoin wallet from the App Store
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2014, 14:49 posted on
So how far would you go to make a point? To what length would you go to protest something? The other day, Apple pulled an app from the App Store that provided a virtual wallet for the digital bitcoin currency. Why? Well, one thought is that Apple likes to have control over things, and this is something that the tech titan cannot control...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lmao im sure he had it shot it cuz it was an iPhone not cuz of his bit coin wallet, now he's out double whammy, his phones gone and so are his bit coins...
8. KingaSpades (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
We should tell him that your legal name is iPhone Ignorance.
21. verbalize (Posts: 94; Member since: 03 May 2013)
And this is news? Really? I really don't care what a attention starved hillbilly thinks. Maybe sell the phone and buy yourself another gun.
26. Finalflash (Posts: 1903; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is fine, it's shows all the other Apple fan boys how each of the others eventually come to the realization that Apple sucks. Maybe a few others will learn the lesson quicker than he did.
4. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The article title should read "Man seeks to get cheap 15 minutes of fame by doing something stupid to a popular brand device."
19. neops (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Video on Corning's [Gorilla Glass vs Sapphire ]
6. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Can you cutting off one's nose to spite one's face?
7. sprockkets (Posts: 1359; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
He should have shot a picture of Cook and Steve and Jony. Then, he should burn them.
9. KingaSpades (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Why? So that you would have another reason to touch yourself?
15. sprockkets (Posts: 1359; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
By shot, I mean, shot with a gun, not with a camera dumbass.
10. KingaSpades (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Why not just say, "I'm an angry drug dealer!"
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Shoulda just put it on Craigslist dude.
18. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1653; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Because that's what protesting is..just sell it and make a profit...that will get people attention. You're a genius bro
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're pointless go away. Post on someone else's comments.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That is what you get when you use an iphone - either jailbreak or just get an Android phone...
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What was even the point of your comment? You act like your 12 dude. Do you log on here, just for attention and green thumbs?
16. sprockkets (Posts: 1359; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Seems like you did nothing in your reply but an ad hominem, probably because you know it's true and can't say otherwise.
24. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Some people in China sell their organs or even babies to buy an iPhone since they can't afford it. Meanwhile in the US, people mindlessly shoot an iPhone with a rifle. *Sigh*
25. DOODpls (Posts: 11; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
why don't he just swap it with Nokia Lumia 1520 or 1020?
28. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I'll donate my iphone 4 if you'll blast it like you did your 4S... It's time to upgrade to that 5.7" iphone for me anyway... Nice shooting Ryan. O.o
29. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Protesting what? He made no meaningful impact. The service is still gone and he's down a phone.