Man steals smartphone, gets hit by bus, suffers only minor injuries and is arrested
He flips a lever which opens the doors to the station platform before the bus arrives, the idea being that the open doors will assist in his rapid escape after snatching the device from his would-be victim’s hands. Had his victim not resisted, his plan might have worked.
Those few seconds she held on to her device made the difference. Once he wrested the phone from her hands, he lunged for his get-away, only it was too late and just as he was about to leap off the platform, the incoming bus takes him down for the count.
Amazingly, he suffered only minor injuries and was ultimately arrested, along with some accomplices shortly thereafter. Perhaps it is no surprise that thief has a history of this type of behavior. The lady got her phone back. For those that are wondering, the date on the camera was not properly programmed, this incident took place earlier this month.
source: BBC via LiveLeak
2. Giavanibro (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Must of been a nice looking phone, maybe a xperia z or htc one :)
46. jsdechavez (Posts: 702; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nah. If I could own a Vertu, I could probably own a chopper, a yatch, and car and driver too.
52. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Not really, i'm from Colombia, and most of the people over there still use BlackBerry devices, the curve 8520, or low entry android phones, like the Galaxy Ace. But who knows, maybe is an iPhone 4S-5 or Galaxy S2-3.
3. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LMFAO. I want to see the video
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3011; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's actually given right below the article...tiny thumbnail.
8. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Ugh. Stupid work server, i'll have to wait until I get home then
5. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Where is the video/photos of this fool on the stretcher?
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3011; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"Man steals smartphone-he runs-gets hit by bus-suffers only minor injuries-smiles-and is arrested-frowns"
9. MyJobSux (Posts: 80; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
If someone tries to steal your crap, throw them under the bus. I like it!
10. olegarda (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Well it sure wasnt a samdung phone plastic is to cheap to be worth stealing.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That wasn't necessary. Theft is theft...
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wow starting a fanboy war, you should find a new way to get attention your child
Dark beat me to it, thief is thief leave the petty crap out of it
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't understand why everything must turn into a fanboy war...so tired of those chaotic. +1
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Seems that way Ted. It's killing the site too
15. Droiddoes (unregistered)
English is hard, huh?
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think he actually meant samdung bro...unfortunately
28. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I'm still not your bro.
35. apple4never (Posts: 947; Member since: 08 May 2013)
chill mayb if he was you'd actually have a couple friends,...bro
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said man. People need to chill out, constant fanboy mode I guess.
50. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dark Droiddoes purely hates Apple, it's users, fans, and the consumers who use and likes, or buys any Apple products. I use to terrorize, take the piss, say baaaaaaaa, or i$h€€p
I was like Droiddoes a year ago, purely, deeply hated anyone, everyone that use to use, or like Apple products, but I've cooled down!
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I just wonder Troll... Why hate on the user? What the company does is one thing, but the user is just texting calling emailing, or whatever. Droiddoes hates me cuz he can't get to me, and he knows it. He has given me every insult he possibly can without getting banned, and I can imagine what he'd love to say but he knows better. He can hate all he wants it means nothing Troll. +1
60. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
20. oister85 (Posts: 396; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Man he almost die. I hope he learns his lesson.
34. apple4never (Posts: 947; Member since: 08 May 2013)
why, doubt youve never done anything bad, but u dont deserve to die, i dont think so
44. tedkord (Posts: 4736; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've never mugged anyone, robbed anyone, attacked anyone. Have I ever done anything wrong? Sure. But never anything that hurt anyone. People like this guy can't die soon enough.
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You have to wonder what else he's done to people. Also does he only target women...if so bury him ASAP. I can't stand men who target women for any bad purpose.
38. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
A phone is not worth a life. Being arrested is enough.
25. muhsen (Posts: 258; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
look at the people while the thief was trying to take the phone from the victim. they were just watching doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! they could have helped her!! and that guy who was passing and just watching!!!
god damn it ,what world we live in now!!
26. ThePro (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It shocks me how no one reacted.. Meanwhile in my country (Argentina), this is what we do when someone robs someone (The car rams him over, the people start beating him up)
I'm so proud :')
31. nvrhde (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
Steal small you go to jail (or hit by bus)
Steal big you become a king
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 11223; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man I just watched the video... That dude is damn lucky to be alive.
48. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is not damn lucky, this is a damn lesson, I hope he learns his lesson.
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6437; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LMAO DUMB FCK deserve what u got
58. nothingmuch (Posts: 166; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yep, pathetic idiot has to steal phones like stealing wallets in a since, most of everyone keeps some personal info on their phones nowadays... he had that comming! Karma!! Justice served better by bus than a slap on the wrist by law.
61. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
The guys he was talking to before he struck did'nt seem to rush to his aid.
Lesson to be learnt here kids, if you hang out with dead S#i+s, when something goes wrong, they will leave you for dead.
62. mariosraptor (Posts: 109; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
so, Karma really exists.
stupid thief. go buy one if you want one MF
63. SupremeLeader (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 May 2013)
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger... Hell be a better thief from now on :-)
64. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1841; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol whoa!!! That was cool .. and well, he got what we he deserved