Man pocket dials 911, ends up busted on murder charges
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 00:00 posted on
Probably one of the most moronic things a person could do while planning a murder would be to butt dial 911 while discussing the plan, enabling the cops to eventually bust them on a murder rap; this is what the Broward Sheriff's Office alleges occurred to one Scot Simon, who lives in Pompano Beach, Florida...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
this is stupid whats the point if the police heared his plans on the phone why they didn't stop him from murdering that guy. these police seem lazy and useless
12. Yodaa (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Twisted by the Dark Side young Skywalker has become.
24. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Because the process takes a while to track down the cell, caller, and location. It's not like an episode of CSI/Bones/NCIS/etc where they can figure it out with a magical computer in just a few seconds.
28. ZeroCide (Posts: 594; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Depending on the Phone and carrier they can do it quite easily to +-100ft
3. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
See how using a buggy Android phone will get you in trouble?
4. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Rumor has it that it was actually a Lumia 920.
11. freebee269 (Posts: 435; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
if he was sitting on his phone (butt dial) and the phone didnt take any damage, then it very well may have been a lumia 920.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Someone just got killed, and you people are arguing like kids which phone he sat on!
16. kvk066 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Relax Nathan....both are criminals....should be happy that mobile got rid of one criminal permanently and ohter guy useless paper weight for earth...
27. freebee269 (Posts: 435; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i dont see where we were arguing. i was actually agree'ing that it could have been a lumia 920. reading comprehension please.
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
'Agreeing' was also a part of the argument.
35. freebee269 (Posts: 435; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
lol nice try trying to add something that wasnt there. if i'm in an arguement it's not because i was agreeing with the person. nice backwards statement.
34. donfem (Posts: 399; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You can see how childish, immature and ignorant people can be.
15. boosook (Posts: 611; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
That's true: how could you damage a useless brick? :)
18. sbw44 (Posts: 198; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
That useless brick just saved the day then! If it was a crapsung the back of the phone would have definitely cracked and it would have been score one for the criminals!
8. NightFelix (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Sorry dude, that guys still using Nokia 3310.
9. Adithya7184 (Posts: 235; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
you are a stupid dumb noob.....go n get a life....
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And he pooped himself! He's arrested with poo on his pants.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 7791; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO dude why do you talk about poop so much?
17. valapsp (Posts: 416; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
What a lawful butt. Why not 912 for example?
25. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Probably hit the "emergency call" button on the lock screen
26. valapsp (Posts: 416; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
that sounds more logical but shouldn't you dial a number after hitting the emergency call button anyway?
21. lallolu (Posts: 171; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Must have been a blackberry with buttons. It is difficult to dial on a capacitive touchscreen with your butt. However, one never knows.
23. darkvadervip (Posts: 242; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It you google the story it was a Samsung exhibit 2
29. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
At least his @$$ got justice... get it? get it?
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5177; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WTF IS wrong with people these days?
36. apple4never (Posts: 374; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this is just a fail of epic proportions