Man pocket-dials 9-1-1 on his handset, talks drugs and is busted
As it turns out, Young Mr. Dollarhide had stuffed his cellphone in his pocket and pocket-dialed 9-1-1 before discussing a drug transaction with this passenger. Besides hearing the conversation about selling drugs, the dispatcher heard that the call was coming from a tow truck and heard the name Harry. Dispatch put out a call at 9:42am with the location that the call originated from, and a truck with the name "Harry's Towing" was quickly pulled over.
Deputies found a crack pipe on Mr. Dollarhide and he was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. There is no word if the phone earned a reward for passing along information that led to the arrest.
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Huh...this is funny.
iPhone will lead you anywhere even without the map. :D
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
(...with reference to the thumbnail of the phone.)
2. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
that's hilarious or weird or Artificial Intelligent Phone i cant figure out @_@
3. tigermcm (Posts: 811; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
why do ppl put their phones in their back pockets??? stop sitting on your phone and you wont pocket dial
5. aahmed215 (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Nowhere in the article does it say the man had an iPhone. In fact, it's hard to pocket dial a number on a touchscreen phone.
7. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
dude it's a touchscreen maybe he did not lock it when he put it in his pocket.
8. Juan_Gomez (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I always pocket dial with my touchscreen phone lol
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 2129; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The phone getting a reward? Haha does Apple really need more money? Lol
10. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Talk about the odd of butt-dialing 911, this guy should buy a lottery ticket now
11. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
REMEMBER! that iPhone is can do smell test. Now, this iPhone can smell or can hear you conversation about something then it's automatically dail 911 to Sheriff and come to visit you.
Theres you go your privacy already in the hand of government and later on, this thing does have to dail 911 but the cop will showed up at your front door.
12. megan23247 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
This dude was an idiot but it sounds to me like this town has nothing else going on to keep themselves busy. Dumb!!
14. Fuego84 (Posts: 305; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Bull! This is happening way to often now, everyone that pocket dials 911 by accident seem to have been committing a crime at the time also so I say bull. Maybe government agents snooping in on smartphone owners if there's crime happening they remote dial the cops from their phones for a location fix.
15. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
What are the odds that you're gonna pocket-dial 911?
16. samystic (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
proof that smartphones are for these dumbasses