Malware discovered in Apple App Store, sends spam to contacts
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 02:12 posted on
It was bound to happen sooner or later. It is just that no platform is immune to hacker attacks, and iOS is no exception. Take this report from Kaspersky as proof: a malicious application has been discovered at the Apple App Store, supposedly the very first to be discovered there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That is a nice grapic -- at least someone has a sense of humor.
2. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Recently I found apple's filtering has not been as strict as before .
Looks like apple is going downhill luckily I plan to abandon ship
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Myth of Apple fans, nothing more...
10. HTCFreak (Posts: 156; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Myth of Apple, it's Apple who said that first. Don't blame the fans :)
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
1. A lot of Apple fans was claiming that iOS can't get a malware even when there already was many oficial cases when iOS was infected/affected by malware. But they was still ignoring the fact and spreading this bulls**t myth around.
2. Don't need to be a blind fan and beleve in everything what Apple or any other company says to you, sometimes need to use your own brain!
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
problem is.. blind fans dont have their own brains. they wait for apple PR releases to tell their brains what to think.
malware is on every platform. Period.
21. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 215; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
"Its a magical brand new way of keeping you guessing whats next" Apple PR :)
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 2142; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
c.hack's comment from the article (Android malware compromising Yahoo! accounts discovered by Microsoft anti-spam expert):
"Not surprising for an unstable and insecure OS like Android. If only they had done more than rip off iOS and built in some security."
hmm... yea right... but nice try. i hope this teaches people who keeps accusing android of being the primary malware platform that it really does depend on what you do and what apps you download. To blame android upright is ignorant.
5. frydaexiii (Posts: 1426; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Not to mention that was proven wrong. It was just an intelligent guess. This however is real. Is it just me or are things switching around?
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lol first Android phones have better battery life and now this! Oh the silly apple fanboys gotta be shaking their heads in shame.
Just admit your all mighty Apple isn't perfect, every device and software has its issues. Get off your high horse and admit its not flawless. As much as I love android its anything but flawless but I still love android nonetheless.
11. HTCFreak (Posts: 156; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Uhmm, i think some already did. But we just keep calling them iSh**p and Cr*pple fans... Seriously, why? They didn't do anything wrong (unless you consider having an Apple product is something wrong) Seiously, people, stop picking on Apple fans, can't you see that they've already settled down?
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Are you kidding dude? Whenever there's an article about some android related virus taco and the rest of them are quick to bash Android and make claims that IOS has no viruses. Maybe you should do a little bit of research before you try to shoot me den and defend them.
12. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple:this does not exist,believe us or else.........
14. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I wonder if they're going to find a way to blame it on Jailbreaking.
16. JessJess (unregistered)
It's hardly malware on the scale of which you can be infected in android. Tell me this is the worst that can be done to my android device in google play? Im pretty sure its not...... I know people clamour for ways to bash Apple but really - a little perspective is nice.
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
the difference is android fans dont say android is malware free where as many apple fans actual think that apple is super secure lol and dont realise the fact that an iphone can be jailbroken is also a sign of not being secure...like with anything as long as you are buying from a trusted source like play store or amazon store are the app store and with common sense you should have no problem..its the people who download cracked apps that should worry
18. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
lmao i knew i could find the fandroids here bashing apple once again. You guys never disappoint. who would download this app, its not even written in english.
I bet there is 10x more malware infected phones on andriod than ios.
20. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Apparently the one who has been disappointing lately has been... Apple!!!
Wasn't it supposed to be the "safest" malware free OS in the world??? At least that's one of the cornerstones in their advertising.