Maintenance update for the Motorola DROID BIONIC brings a little bit of joy to owners
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2011, 12:10 posted on
No, it’s not magically going to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to the smartphone, but rather, it boasts a long listing of improvements, fixes, and enhancements that should iron out some of the handset’s rough edges. It’s rolling out right now as we speak...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Nice! My friends that own Bionics were waitting for this.
2. BarneyDroid (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
I got it last night manually. It seems to be working pretty good so far. The camera is much faster now!
3. thevoice (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Was hoping they would give us smart actions too. Kinda makes sense to do so.
4. idaman12000 (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Got the update. Dont see much that has changed. Hopefully next update will have long lasting battery performance, restart phone option, higher quality screen with photo/video
5. c.hack (Posts: 476; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
LOL. After waiting for the Bionic 10 months VZW got a buggy phone with a year-old OS and lots of bugs. Now the phone has been obsoleted by new models and by ICS, and Bionic users still have 23 months on their contract. Pathetic.
6. Sniggly (Posts: 6193; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
1. The wait for the Bionic wasn't for 10 months. Going from CES to eventual release, it was 8 months. Going from its original probable release date to its eventual one was 5 months.
2. The Bionic will still be updated to ICS, and Gingerbread is still very good.
3. Phones always get surpassed, at least they should be. I knew when I got my Atrix that it was going to be surpassed in short order. It was. It doesn't make my Atrix any less of a good phone, though.
4. At this point Bionic owners actually have 21 months left on their contract at least, but only 17 until they're able to upgrade.
The only pathetic thing here was your post.
7. groovycannon (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
Just get the RAZR. It's what the Bionic should have been.
9. jczepole (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Coincidently Verizon is having data and call issues all day today in my area (Albuquerque,NM). Its hard to blame the update for my lack of data and dropped calls. Id imagine it affects the battery as well.