Mailbox breaks free of iOS exclusivity and hits the Google Play Store
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't think this'll be replacing my default gmail app anytime soon.
I could see them needing it on iOS, hell it looks like it belongs there.
2. Sauce (unregistered)
My default mail app on iOS is better than that clanky a** gmail app. This is better than Gmails app imo, and can finally have it on my Note.
4. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
clanky? - umm, the Gmail app on Android is super easy to use....I believe you are behind the times, as they say...
5. Sauce (unregistered)
We are talking about the same app on the same system you just mentioned. +1 for trying though.
6. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Same app on same system? Yes - I just do not see why anyone could call it 'clanky'.
9. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Plus, you are using a Samsung phone - you are probably behind on its updates...JK!!
8. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Even better - explain your clanky remarks and why this app, that clearly belongs on iOS, is better than Gmail. I find Gmail easy to use with its labels as it helps to quickly identifies important emails and it is so easy to delete an email by tapping on the big letter to the far left of an email, I do wish there was an option to delete all at once, but I keep my email fairly clean and organized.
10. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I doubt he has a Note 3. The closest he will ever get to having a N3 is hoping the next iPhone has a screen the size of a Note 3. As for me when I was done reading this I thought no way this would replace my gmail app. It does look better than the Android email app though.
12. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
huh, never used the Android email app...
15. AJmeBOY (Posts: 34; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Networkdood, delete all at once? Do you mean multi- select and delete? You can do this by long pressing the email so that it is highlighted, then select as many others as you want. You can then select to delete all the selected messages.
14. dome888 (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
how is it better than gmail app on android?
3. jellmoo (Posts: 821; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to utilize Gmail Labels at all, which would make me redo a lot of my workflow. I'm not sure I see the appeal.
7. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
yep, I really see no point to change - unless you just like to try something different, which I do at times...
11. vijaysivakula (Posts: 180; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Not able to setup my gmail account. been trying for the past 3 hours. could anyone help?
13. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Anyone notice that sometimes when you click on a thumbs up or just a normal link, that an ad pops up? I block all of their ads here, so I guess they are seeking revenge against me? LMAO