MWC 2013 Day 1: round-up
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 12:11 posted on
Wow, Mobile World Congress really heated up today with a boom of new devices getting unveiled from all sorts of places…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1026; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
These shows are always letdowns now that all the flagships have their own announcements. Just a bunch of Chinese phones and low end Nokias.
2. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Did you guys see apples' showing?
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Maybe PA should put up a poll for most under-whelming press event at MWC 2013? My vote would be for Nokia.
6. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
It wasn't underwhelming if you went in with no expectations. If anything, it's encouraging, because it reaffirms their commitment to dominating the low- and mid-range markets. I was hopeful for a new flagship, but I was extremely skeptical of its likelihood, with the 920 only being out since November and Windows8 not having any known updates that would allow for camera sensors bigger than 16MP.
4. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
So many Android OEM and devices! Who will survive? Regarding Nokia, don't be disappointed no high end stuff. Blame on tech rumors. Though we surely will see more in the later months. Regarding Chinese phones, what do you expect. The only Android OEMs out there are from Asia.
5. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1026; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
But the 'Chinese phones' are all mid range at most and will never reach America. (besides maybe prepaid).
That's not interesting or exciting.
7. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Well, it's Mobile WORLD Congress, not Mobile America Congress. We already had CES. More often than not, America isn't included with "world" (aka global or international) products. True for cars, too.
8. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
and i bothered to click on this article why? wish i knew...thanks for wasting my time PA