MWC 2012 marks a trend of new design concepts from Android makers, which one do you like the most?
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2012, 00:46 posted on
We were wondering whether you already have a favorite design concept in the new lines of phones that were demonstrated today by the major Android manufacturers. If you want to chip into the discussion which of the new chassis is your favorite and why, sound off in the comments...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
My vote was for Sony. HTC did a good job but Sony took the cake.
8. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
sony definitely looks nice… i wish they would have waited and added nokia to an "all smartphone maker" article.. those phones look nicer than these in my opinion
15. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well everyone is entitled to there opinion so i feel fine disagreeing. lol I think Nokia did a wonderful job but I think Sony edged them out just by a margin.
2. sheep (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i like some of htc's and sonys but im anticpating the sg3 design
3. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
LG did nothing good. At all.
HTC is doing something good: making their android models easy to understand for the average consumer. This means advertising will be better understood.
I've never liked Sony.... and I'm sure the GS3 will be not much different than a mix of the Nexus and the GS2.
HTC gets my vote.
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Has anyone else noticed that all the new high end phones have built in 32gb and no micro SD card slot??? I think Google is really pushing away from SD cards. I like the 32gb built in, but with the recording of HD videos and huge files for high graphic games are eating away at built in memory quick.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I was a little sad to see Huawei was the only one to introduce a tablet. :/
7. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
When is Motorola showing off their new devices? I hope Samsung shows off more then just the Beam.
19. WWThinker (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Since the Razr more than 10 years ago, Motorola never really came up with good ID. My bet is still with Nokia. Their Lumia 8/9xx looks very pleasing. I looking forward to its next design break-through.
9. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Honestly I'm impressed by all the companies new designs, very svelte, sexy, and durable. I would have to say tho for myself the htc One S is most attractive to me. Like I said tho I love all the designs from the companies so far.
10. Phoneboy117 (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
Personally, I really like the designs coming from Sony. They actually remind me quite a bit of the Zune HD, and my brother has had his going on 4 years. Has anyone else noticed that similarity?
11. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
I like his Sony is finally pushing its design outside the traditional western idea of heat makes a good phone. I like the idea how the transparent bar works for notifications. I just wish they would push the hardware a little more
12. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The design of the HTC one x is nice, but it is still laggy!
22. KParks23 (Posts: 583; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
You realize that's just a non optimized floor model right... Lol.
13. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Sony is totally winning my attentions. I assume the Galaxy S3 will look just like the first two. Yes it will sports a sleek, thin-profile, but plastic and mainly grey/black color at the end. Yes it might sports a white/pink/bobbi brown edition again, but the structure of it... just a bit blend. Samsung's hardware is definitely amazing! Design-wise, Galaxy S1,2, nexus... oh please... find the right people to get the design done just like Hyundai and Kia!
14. Tarzan (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Can I cast 2 votes ? If yes then both HTC and Sony are worthy winners, but I voted Sony just because its a new start for them since they ditched Ericsson. Oh and the design is mind blowing.
All the best!
17. Baseballer (Posts: 132; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Sony Looks the best IMO! It acts as a bar change. I thought it was something you pull out and flip to the other side when i first saw the pictures. I'd Buy that design anyday
18. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Voted for Sony because you know....IT'S A SONY
20. ppLVR (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Sony's NEW design? ANYONE can see the design came from HTC's old TOUCH DIAMOND 2!(pretty,but not new/original)
21. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
LG! I love the LG design! #waitingforsgs3
23. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
HTC is the winner here! I don't like the edges of Sony - it is uncomfortable to hold the phone...
24. jove39 (Posts: 1817; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Dont understand why that extra chin for beautiful phone...whats wrong sony?
25. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sony and HTC definitely top this vote. HTC's models look the best, but I love the functionality of the bar. As far as the other 2 are concerned, they always keep churning out the same OLD design. The SGS3 is a phone based on how fast the processor goes, not how good the actual phone looks (on the display and actual phone styling)
26. WenDee80 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Samsungs Galaxy S II Skyrocket fit my hand better than any phone in awhile.