MEA Culpa: Mobile phone sales drop 5% in Mid-East and Africa in Q1 2013
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 21:14 posted on
Despite a 5% drop in mobile phone sales for the first quarter in the MEA region (Mid-East and Africa), smartphone sales in the same region grew sequentially and year-over-year, led by the Apple iPhone 5; the latest iteration of Apple's iconic smartphone is now available in all of the MEA markets which gave the smartphone market a little spring in its step during the first three months of the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Me a culpa means it's not my fault...
5. Alan01 (Posts: 152; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
It was a play on the initials MEA for Mid-East and Africa....geez guys!
3. mas11 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
It's pretty obvious that the iPhone 5 would be popular in the Middle East. In Saudi Arabia they love to spend their millions on overpriced toys.
7. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
especially if covered in gold and dimonds while they dont know jack about how to use it beyond calls and sms mostly but hey its gold and dimond
8. Rocksteady (Posts: 183; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Well,, you are the expert, please go teach them how to use their phones and how to spend their money and live their lives.
I agree with mas11 that they do like to spend money on overpriced stuff, but not all of them are ignorant.
9. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well if someone has so much cash to spend still half of them spent like its a joke then we cannot help them. not all are ignorant but many of them are for sure.
they are most richest country in world yet one of the weakest and dependent in many espects so what do i think out of this context.
10. GamePlayer (Posts: 47; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Says the guy who does not live in Saudi Arabia and does not know anything about it. Stop hating, please.
13. Trex95 (Posts: 521; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
At least they buying something worth it not plastics toys.