Lumia Denim is the next firmware update for Nokia Lumia devices, coming Q4 2014
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2014, 03:33 posted on
Microsoft's event is already going strong, and we expect a couple of new Lumia smartphones, but before Redmond unveiled these, it unwrapped Lumia Denim - the next firmware update for Lumia devices. At first, it will grace Microsoft's flagship offerings - the Lumia 930/Icon and the Lumia 1520, whereas the to-be-unveiled Lumia 830 and the rest of the Lumia lineup will get it afterwards...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DogeShibe (Posts: 1110; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
The pricing is great for the 830...just awesomeness.
11. jael206 (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
How about the 1020? Will this Lumia Denim ever come to the 1020, even after its EOL has been declared a few months back?
2. dlsnhuff (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Hmhh ... , really ? A touchless feature ? If that so, i'm waiting so much. Hopely basic command like "repeat" etc is enable and she has more data to response asks.
Give a luck to the os. Hopely may give a big influence in the os's market
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
started out strong only talked about the camera for the whole thing with like 5 seconds on the charging pad thank you Microsoft maybe next year !
4. elitewolverine (Posts: 5070; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
4k? to which phones and which chips?
5. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
930 and 1520 cause of the quadcore snapdragon 800
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2247; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wow... Guess Microsoft forgot about the 1020, ill never buy another windows phone ..!.,
7. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you're still getting the denim update just not 4k video recording due to hardware limitation
13. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Us 1020 owners aren't getting most of the features, not even the new Lumia camera features. Such a shame......
15. Gemmol (Posts: 785; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Its not they forgot its because the 1020 use a older chip, there's only so much you can do with a older chip, this why when I use my upgrade I went with the 1520 because of the size of the screen and most importantly because it use the same chip as galaxy note 3, which meant I will get updates for a long time because the chip is newer, for example with developer preview last month the 1520 and 930 got the quick charge feature that the galaxy note 4 use to rapid charge.........all snapdragon 800 and up get that feature.....so its like I said Microsoft is helping as much as they can with all the updates but even you know with the only chip in 1020 its life would be cut short
8. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
will this upadte fix the extreme over heating fo Lumia930 and other phones :( i cant hold the phone for long if gaming it goes beyond 45C
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
as long as something gets sent out to the Icon soon.
i just want to be able to connect my Icon to WPA Enterprise Wi-Fi networks...
14. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
You should get the Cyan update in the next week or so.