Lumia 830 is official - an affordable high-end Windows Phone with a 10MP OIS PureView camera
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2014, 03:37 posted on
IFA 2014 witnessed the first Lumia device to be unveiled entirely under the Microsoft banner - meet the Lumia 830. The successor to the Lumia 820 is another colorful Windows Phone with signature characteristics like a Lumia 1020-like 10MP PureView rear camera with OIS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. lalalaman (Posts: 469; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
PA the 830 has microsd card expansion with 16gb internal memory....care to change your specs sheet?
46. Alex123 (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I will get one if it really costs USD330 in Cambodia but too bad, 925 still cost USD365 now so i don't think the new 830 will be cheaper :(
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I like how the conference is colourful. Nintendo is still the best one to make conferences and events.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hey Cortana, tell Nokia to send me a Lumia 830 for free.
5. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nyah.....Nexus 5 still rules in that price bracket. The only leg up L820 has is the OIS camera rest
7. DogeShibe (Posts: 1102; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
That runs a whole different OS.
Btw what chipset is this one using?
15. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yup a whole different OS is again an advantage in Nexus's favour.
It just says Quad-core Snapdragon for now.
36. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That's your opinion, many would beg to differ. And the 830 has a Snapdragon 400 chipset inside it.
50. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1018; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It isn't an opinion, it's a fact. This has a 5 inch 720p screen, while the Nexus has a 1080p one. This has a Moto G grade Snapdragon 400 and the Nexus 5 has an immensely more powerful Snapdragon 800, this has 1GB of RAM and the Nexus has 2GB. All in all the Nexus has specs more similiar to a high end phone and the 830 like a mid range.
12. mayur007 (Posts: 496; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
But I need to know does this phone has ois ??
Everyone always looks for whats better is available at that prize
39. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1063; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
oh please do name be a quadcore device from 2010
bad bad joke
8. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Fantastic pricing, fantastic specs. My next WP. Good bye Lumia 520!!
11. DogeShibe (Posts: 1102; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Nope boss...it's pureview...we are yet to see samples.Don't judge so early...
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think this guy doesn't even know that this is an affordable high end phone and the amazing picture quality of the PureView camera. Pathetic.
Megapixels don't tell the whole story, don't judge so early.
20. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
And you came to the conclusion that it has 'amazing picture quality' even before it has released ?!
25. hemedans (Posts: 291; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
because nokia cant damage their pureview brand. lumia 820 has 8mp cam but nokia didnt call it pureview because it was not pureview,
32. elitewolverine (Posts: 2741; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Well the picture quality on my 925 has only been passed by new flagships and newer lumia's (1020/930/1520), it is no slouch by any means. The manual controls give it great flexibility and against the s4 and others, it takes the cake imo that is. So for this to be an updated 10mp, I don't see why not, compared to my 8.7mp that still runs great today.
37. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
It's a PureView camera module. Nobody should expect anything less than amazing, even if its 10 MP.
41. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1063; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
he didn't come to that conclusion he came to the conclusion that preview has amazing picture quality not the 830
troll harder pls
48. Liveitup (Posts: 1751; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
That's because Nokia has credibility when it comes to cameras.
19. hemedans (Posts: 291; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
they show comparison with iphone 5 in low light condition and it blow iphone 5 away
13. Chuck007 (Posts: 475; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Snapdragon quadcore can refer to many different SOCs..
14. manjak (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Everything about this phone is nice, except for the CPU... Snapdragon 400? Way way far from being flagship. Even for that price we can buy ex-flagships with better specs. Next please...
17. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
a Galaxy S5 mini with higher specs is more expensive, get real.
22. Chuck007 (Posts: 475; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Either way I kinda hope they went wit hat least a S615... I would've been willing to spend at least USD150 more for this.
49. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1063; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
who is saying it's a snapdragon 400 i don't remeber hearing in the conference and phonearena's spec sheet isn't accurate atm
and the 830 isn't a flagship it's an affordable flagship
EDIT: i stand corrected about the s400 the rest is true though
26. hurrycanger (Posts: 1445; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I think it's a Sd400 on the Lumia 735 because the guys said 1.2ghz quad-core when he talked about the 735.
Not sure about the 830. It is a "flagship," so why not tell what chip it is?
27. manjak (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Other site has the full list of specs and pictures.
30. Chuck007 (Posts: 475; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
28. Tritinum (Posts: 421; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Snapdragon 400 1.2ghz good enough to run windows and most of the apps in the os smoothly.
33. hurrycanger (Posts: 1445; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
That's an excuse. Similar to the 512mb ram excuse for the 630/635.
I think it will be fine to be on the Lumia 730/735. But for the 830... that Snapdragon 400 1.2ghz is just not good enough. No excuse. That thing costs 330 euros before tax, not 230 euros.
I still keep some hope that the Lumia 830 doesn't really have the Snap400 though. lol.
40. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1063; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
where did it say snapdragon 400 I watched the whole thing nothing
42. Chuck007 (Posts: 475; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Phonearena's own Lumia 830 page listed it as Snapdragon 400 with 1GB RAM.
Many other sites mention the same specs. Like this for example:
47. elitewolverine (Posts: 2741; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I don't know about excuse really, I think of this as a s4 matchup type of deal.
52. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
well, if S5 mini and One mini 2 (where they both are much expensive) can get way with it with android, then the L830 can come out very clean with this.
54. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1028; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
This is nothing more than mid range. The ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini and Xiaomi Mi3 sell for 2/3 of the price but have 2x better specs.