Lowe's to give 42,000 Apple iPhone 4 handsets to employees
0. phoneArena 09 Sep 2011, 15:12 posted on
According to Bloomberg, the home improvement retailer is equipping its employees with the Apple iPhone 4 as a tool for scanning, checking product information, viewing how-to videos or connecting to lowes.com; according to the company's CIO, each store will receive about 25 handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I would much rather shop at Lowe's than Home Depot. The folks at Lowe's and Menards actually know what they're talking about.
2. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
well this is kind of an easy way to pump up the sales numbers... but in the meantime it is untrue like hell.
3. CooterLooter (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
My cootersense is telling me it's all a ruse. They take it out of the paycheck little bit each time.
5. applesauce (unregistered)
Why iPhones? Seriously!
-Easily broken (bad in a hardware store with all-concrete floors)
-Tend to get stolen a lot
-Expensive to insure
-Crummy reception, especially in buildings...
If they're using the credit card thingee, there are many available for other smartphones. I have several Square credit card readers for my computer business, and they work great on my Android and Symbian phones, and my fiancee's Blackberry Torch
6. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Why not? With an iPhone you don't have to worry about the following:
1. Forced closing
2. Poor updates
3. Viruses and malware
4. Poor battery life(Android phones only have 3 hour batter life on average)
5. Poor design and functionality
6. LOL Android phones have the poorest reception
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5967; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
1. It force closes...there is just no error message. Think desktop PC without Error Reporting on...
2. Yea ok. I'll give you that.
3. Wow...lol. Wont even waste time respond to that...4, 5 and 6 too.
If you gonna defend the iPhone, at least be more realistic about dissing Android and not look like an angry girl that just got felt up at school. The post you respond to probably had more realistic stuff in it than yours..
13. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
1.Force closing is due to bad coding on apps
3.Only virus protection app an use sense you can tell if it is virus
4.I get 2 days out of my galaxy s i have seen 5 on S2
5.Nexus,Nexus One,Sensation,Evo 3D to name a few have great design
6.i have great reception an i can squezze my phone an make call
19. Undertaker (unregistered)
I say f**k YOU to that!
21. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
antennagate was an android issue?
oh no.. that was an iphone4 issue.
why iphones? because some idiot at the top doesnt know anything about phones.. thats why. If he did he would have had android phones shipped for less, that can do more.
27. NeXoS (Posts: 287; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Android battery life:
7. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Lowe's is finally ahead of the competition and gave in to the Apple-pa-loosa.... great move on their part and congrats to the employees whom will dump their trashy Android phone and use a quality Apple product....
9. Bacon_Hat (unregistered)
When you have nothing to loose is when great innovation occurs. When your no 1 you take very calculated moves in order to not loose market share. I hope the best for Lowe's, don't count the underdog out.
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Take a hammer from a dept n smash it on the Iphone
20. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
at least it would take a hammer to damage it. all you have to do is open the box for an android phone and you already have a useless brick.
28. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
shuddap stupid fan girl. why arent you in the kitchen makin me a sammich
11. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Hmm. It's cool that Lowe's is using technology in their stores, but I'd think a tougher phone would be better for them. Like the Casio G'zone Commando. It could handle a drop on those concrete floors...
14. somebody (unregistered)
mayb iphone 4 cannot sold out anymore because of many new powerful android devices.therefore,they just can give away for their employees. :)
15. Fattzoo (unregistered)
Well..... truthfully they work really well and there not
For personal use and with the old style systems
They have it's a big step and the cases that's on them are 2 inchs thick plus have a hard shell too.
Why would u use android when u have people that are not tech savvy
When iOS is user friendly for old and young.
16. shynepo (Posts: 39; Member since: 21 May 2010)
I wish I worked at lowes so I could win this phone so I can win this phone and sell it to some iphone fan boy for $500 so I can by an epic 4g touch!!!
24. jroc74 (Posts: 5967; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly!! The resell value on the iPhone is amazing.
29. joshua (unregistered)
the iphone are not for personal use. they are for store use only. so you cant sale them. they belong to the store. you have to still it and they might be blocked. youare gonna get fired if you take them out of the store.
17. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
DAM i missed all the good posts
18. DeviantDroid (Posts: 51; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Lets work on clearing up some stupidity.
Lowes is not jet giving these to all employees.... They are going to be used in the story only for store purposes. ( Just like cash register and forklifts don't go home with employees at night.....
Essentially the only thing that these things can do right now is access Lowes app and go onlineoh and calculater...... They are blocked from nearly everything else.
Eventually they will phase out LRT Guns and most of the cordless sales floor phone for these iPhones...
Basically Lowes went with IPhone because at the time this discussion of adding technology to Lowes The IPhone was the one and only love child of At&t who is Lowes phone provider. This plan has been in the future since 2010 atleast long before At&t lost exclusivity....
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
in other news, 30,000 lowes employees "accidentally" drop their iphones, shattering them all... and go back to using their better built android phones.
23. dj (unregistered)
lol @ this article making android users angry
25. getalife2203 (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jun 2010)
Hey cmon guys....whats up with this argument again?? BOTH the iPhone and Android has its pros and cons. Unless you want to continue becoming childish brats and continue fighting over phones.......so be it.
26. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Lowe's will file bankruptcy soon after signing all cell phone contracts.
30. edgenoavala (unregistered)
Looking for a refreshed custom look in your bedroom? Do you like a particularly lush sensuous fabric…or perhaps a masculine leather headboard to set a strong mood? The new class of innovative easy-to-install and affordable headboard slipcovers make bedroom design makeovers a snap-of-the-fingers easy. rn rnMore Home Entertainment Choices – Surround Sound Headboards. With 500+ cable channels pouring into multiple in-house hook-ups, and a dizzying range of land and now satellite radio choices plus millions of music CDs and DVD films, it’s no wonder that high fidelity and multimedia entertainment work their way into our bedrooms. Surround sound headboard designs simply extend the natural reach of film and music into our most private chambers.