Low cost Windows Phone coming from Phicomm?
0. phoneArena 10 Mar 2013, 16:39 posted on
The data from Windows Phone sales supports the idea that high-end devices might best be left to Apple, BlackBerry and Android to make which would leave Windows Phone OEMs fighting it out for the low to mid-range market; to that end, a new low cost manufacturer is joining the Windows Phone team, German manufacturer Phicomm is talking to Microsoft about making phones using its mobile OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Nice this will have a great effect for ms in the china market.
2. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I wonder if this has to do with the Chinese government slowly pushing companies to adopt non Android operating systems.
3. antmiu2 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
i get it, the previous lumias were low-end but not low cost.. great
4. 008Rohit (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It'd be a challenge for Phicomm to get those phones selling outside of Europe.
5. 008Rohit (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
They're a chineese OEM, thought they were a German one, huh.
6. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nokia can make low end phones as well... all of them but the problem is its licensing fee!
8. Dastrix (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Exactly, and it isn't about competition within Windows Phone, but rather with other ecosystems, so the more OEMs for Windows Phone, the better the global impact.
7. Dastrix (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Great to hear that Phicomm is adopting WIndows Phone! This will certainly further increase the global market for Windows Phone in the mid-range segment!