Low cost Apple iPhone to cost half the price as the current model?
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 17:17 posted on
Stock Market research firm Value Walk cites Canadian brokerage firm Canaccord Genuity as saying that Apple will use software and services to differentiate the Apple iPhone 5S from the Apple iPhone 5 which might also come with a larger screen; meanwhile, Swiss investment house Credit Suisse which sees a $329 low priced Apple iPhone scoring a 38% profit margin for Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
So they're going to provide service for iPod touches essentially?
23. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1399; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess the 4S , when the next iPhone comes will automatically become the free phone on carriers
26. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
4s is 527$ off the contract now. may be 427$ later....but if its gonna be 329$ , it really is a sweet deal !!
24. stealthd (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
That's just as funny now as it was 6 years ago. Now tell the one about how the iPad's a big iPod touch!
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure that any cheap Apple phone won't be popular! Because people who loves to show off won't buy cheap phone even if it has Apple logo on it! Why? Because according to this kind of Apple lovers - CHEAP IS NOT COOL!
Other people who loves technologies also won't buy it because I'm pretty sure that cheap Apple phone will be even more boring and outdated than usual iPhone. ;)
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow u seem to know a lot about Apple... since u hated.. I hardly see you talk about your OS of choice.. why is that.. dont mean to troll just curious
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is just my forecast about low cost Apple's phone. :)
31. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I'm not sure... I'm worried that people are so brainwashed by r*tten Apple that they think iPhone is the only smartphone in the world so they will buy it: "Oh, cheap iPhone, great! Finally I have a smartphone."
and no wonder it can not even copy a file and is 10 years behind Android
very very sad
9. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
People are still buying iphone 4s, iphone 4, iphone 3gs. What will happen is that resale of old iphones will go down significantly.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Naah... ANALysts said 40% of that segment would be grabbed by Apple in no time thinking that people in that segment would also just go after the "LOGO" .... Doesn't need a patent to day dream does it?
29. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lets b honest here, we, well let me say, i bought my iPhone cos it makes me feel special cos its not cheap. If they introduce a cheaper iPhone, Samsung here i come, cos now everyone will be carrying it. So no thanks Apple. Its just my opinion.
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
iPhone 4 specs. in iPhone 5 chassis cost $90 to build and sell $330. Today you can buy unlocked Galaxy S3 at $470.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2141; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Just like with the iPad Mini, the iSheeep will go for the cheaper while the rest will go for Android, and Apple loses money.
7. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
it call a cheap phone oh sorry affordable phone, still a cheap apple phone lol
10. 110410 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Pretty much sure they're gonna make the specs of this thing so crappy to maximize profits
13. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 202; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
This cheap iphone looks like its going to cost less than the profit Apple make on the normal iphone, Apple's huge profits are going to take a hit if they release it.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So it will be hard to differentiate the iP5 to the new iP5 wanabe?
17. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i thought apple was known for "it looks expensive, it sounds expensive, therefor it must be expensive"?
22. uchihakurtz (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Half the price of iPhone 5?? Dude, at that price you can get Xperia SP which looks way better than this candy-toy-look-alike cheap iPhone. CMIIW
27. MartianMe (unregistered)
Whatever the price is going to be for this cheaper iphone should be for the regular iphone anyways ..that phone lacks a lot of components that makes a phone a smart phone.
32. BitterTruth (unregistered)
34. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Low cost iPhone will have everything downgraded, that's all.
35. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Nexus 4 is would be cheaper than that .