Low-battery warning humor
0. phoneArena 01 Mar 2013, 02:06 posted on
Wouldn't it be great if smartphone manufacturers had a bit of a sense of humor and designed the low-battery warnings to catch your attention by making them funny? The crew at College Humor thought it would be a good idea to show you in sequence, what would happen if the low-battery warnings on an Apple iPhone had a mind of its own...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. schinnak (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Low battery warning on the iphone - "Ditch this and get a Samsung"
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Low Battery Warning: Hey foo, get the Samsung Note 2 and you'll never see this low battery warning again!
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
to that i say HA! i traded my MAXX HD for my Dad's SIII so i can trade it for a DNA or a Note II and this thing is just getting me 8 hours on a charge versus the 29 hours my MAXX HD gets me on a single charge. even the Razr M i used before i gave it to my mom had way better battery life than this thing and it wasn't just this particular phone, my sister has an SIII too and her battery percentage gets down just as quick as the SIII i'm using.
Low Battery Warning on Phone: if only i was a Motorola right now you wouldn't be seeing this.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Trust me, I know....my SGS3 ran dry fast as well. But I usually get about 21-27 hours of HEAVY use with my Note 2.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i can't speak for the Note II but it relieves me that you said that because i intend to get a Note II for my dad and get my MAXX HD back. if i get a DNA however i'll put it through it's paces for a week or so and then probably give it to my sister and sell her SIII to put towards a Note II.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea when I had the SGS3, I was using it with somewhat heavy use(less than what I even use on my Note 2) and I was barely lasting 7 hours before it would die. I easily with even greater heavy use last my full 8-9 hour work shift and then I'm still using it several hours after work.
This is one of the nights I was on my phone CONSTANTLY all day, night, and morning and still got 20 hours in. For someone who just browses the web, texts, and uses the phone a few times(im constantly using the web, youtube, and taking photos) can easily get way more use out of the Note 2 than I do.
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't understand why the SIII gets sooo much less battery life than the MAXX HD and the Note II, i mean yeah they have bigger batteries but they're just around 50% bigger and both of them get over twice the battery life. the MAXX HD even has the same SoC.
i personally use Battery Widget Reborn to predict my battery life. it's very accurate.
14. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I say ditch this and get a Droid Razr Maxx!
2. nikenturd (unregistered)
HTC need to get some pointers from College Humor
3. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Thing is, you wouldn't see messages. You would just get siri yelling those same things from your pocket.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Ahh who needs a wife when you can have some lady nagging you in your pocket?
9. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
get sgn2 with 6400mah battery and then see............
15. Adithya7184 (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Dear iCr@ple, this is just ridiculous....
18. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
meh, rather throw this phone than charge it again
19. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
a few of those were funny but i thought most of them were insults
21. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
that was funny apple should have a app for that and im not a iphone fan
22. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
What note 2 are you using, i got the vzw verison and with my "heavy" use i barely get 8 hrs. Stream Redbox movie on 4g, talk on the phone for about 3 hrs, play ruzzle for 20mins, text most of the day. read news on my apps. by the time im ready to go home i have about 20% if i dont plug it in. so its off the charger by 8am and im out of work by 6:30pm. 21hrs hrs is Bull.. on Heavy use maybe not using it at all. but definately not getting that performance on heavy use.
23. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
By the way the max usage time on the note 2 is up 22 Hours.