Lookout Mobile Security looking to scare you again about Android "malware"
4. blingblingthing (Posts: 356; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Yes. Be safe and get your apps straight from the play store.
10. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Exactly. Just download the popular apps and don't be stupid.
If it seems supicious, there's probably a reason why.
22. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
no bro. they are not completely safe . you should see the app permissions before downloading or have norton mobile security . it has been detected like 3 apps in mine which are with unusual permissions and i use hardly 12-15 apps due to my rom limitations. it does have malware , in very play store !! n fcourse google is taking efforts to detect them though!
check ur app permissions if possible from settings !! if u r a blind google fan , cant really help u !!
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Definitely, but perspective on the issue is always better than being blindly scared.
24. DomSanity (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
could you pls make an article about the effectivity of an Antivirus and which is the best out there?
13. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
that is funny coming from an iphone lover
23. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
iphone doesnt need one though right eh ?!! :P
6. someones4 (Posts: 608; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
installed lookout but detected exactly zero malware in my phone. installed avast and detected and ad spammy thing.
I used to be paranoid about these stuff but i felt that they are somewhat redundant.
7. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
phone arena to the rescue (androids rescue that is)
15. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
you got ripped off for believing the hype....
12. nyamo (Posts: 273; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i've never liked how these companies advertise themselves, but as an XDA user, i don't find the need to use any "malware" crappola they spout my way
16. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Been on XDA since 2008 and never had any malware on any of my smartphones....
17. Jay..Apple4Ever (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
i bet they wake up and look in the mirror and get scared too :P
Its simple..Download directly from google play..Check ratings and reviews first, if you got questions like the say google is your friend..
#They won't scare anyone with Android's Malware..Its Android's Dominance that have them going nuts.
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
"Lookout" and "Outlook" does it ring anything fishy now that Balmerrrr's androidrage failed ?
I am least bothered about such scaremongering ... these security companies make money by doing exactly this.
I am a big fan of AVG both on desktop and on phone.
20. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
And android users, please start buying apps from play store, rather than black market (until and unless they are not available on playstore). Help the devs in supporting their work and preferring other platforms over android.
21. brycdavis (Posts: 30; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
All Lookout does is cause problems. Chews through data, delays text messaging, periodic blocks web access. What a joke! Don't use malware software on your android phone! Its built in! 3rd party apps like this will only cause system issues.