Looking forward to CES 2011
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Dec 2010, 08:55
Tablets of many sizes and makes, dual-core devices and LTE handsets should be dominating the Consumer Electronics Show next week. PhoneArena is breaking down the expected announcements for you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz posted on 27 Dec 2010, 14:01 1 0
lucky for me my contract ends in may so i plan on getting the non contract stuff first and latter the most awesome thing around with my 2years of slavery
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Dec 2010, 14:32 0 0
The more I read about who is leaking ahead of CES 2011, I suspect there will be at least one LTE handset announced by the likes of HTC, LG, Motorola, and Samsung. 2011 looks to be the year of 4G (especially if you subscribe to the ITU's latest 'compromise' on what constitutes '4G').
I wonder if the carrier's networks will be up to the increased data use? I guess we will see relatively soon.
3. smpdx posted on 27 Dec 2010, 14:33 0 0
I was thinking of leaving Verizon, but now I'm not sure. I will wait and see what happens with these new devices.
4. dan_md posted on 27 Dec 2010, 16:29 0 0
LTE Technology was developed by Nokia Siemens which shall receive royalty fee ($10 per handset/device under its new policy).
Three thoughts come into mind:
1. When will Nokia come-up with its own LTE and NFC devices (which should be a given as they are the LTE tech innovator)?
2. Nokia will never really go out of business since they earn from licensing mobile technology ($3 from every GSM-enabled device or handset) although its mobile telephony division works as a separate entity from its mobile phone division.
3. If Nokia wins its lawsuit against Apple for its GSM technology, Apple will be paying $3 for every 81+ units of iPhone sold since the original iPhone (plus all the iPad 3G units sold)
5. RVM (unregistered) posted on 27 Dec 2010, 18:07 0 0
Nokia already have NFC device: C7 (and i guess they tested it in some earlier models aswell). However, NFC chip will be activated in some later software update.
6. Bharanidharan Viswanathan (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2010, 22:46 0 0
is there something missing here .... let me think .... ohh yeah Notion Inkkk ...
7. sam (unregistered) posted on 30 Dec 2010, 02:24 0 0
Din't they have the new Samsung I9100 Galaxy S 2??
8. alaskanbo (unregistered) posted on 30 Dec 2010, 15:04 0 0
Where are the new Touch screen blackberries for verizon or sprint? The rumored sprint torch? Nothing from RIM on either carrier? Horrible.
9. Rgm1995 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 16:00 0 0
I really want them to announce the new palm devices for AT&T, I'm in love with webOS. I also really want them to showcase a GSM Palm Pre 2 to go with AT&T, not unlocked, but one you can actually buy at AT&T stores. I really want Palm to make a comeback.
12. DJ (unregistered) posted on 04 Jan 2011, 02:59 0 0
I don't see Palm making a comeback now that HP bought them Who knows if HP will even keep the name Palm since Palm is not what it use to be now all they will probably be is a second HP now and just use the Palm OS and any other tech they have that HP likes enough