Call it a long time coming, but the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the T-Mobile G2 is finally being rolled out as we speak. Going out in the form of an over-the-air update, owners should start seeing the notification coming to their handsets – indicating the update’s arrival. Some of the new features with the update include:
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
Meanwhile, we also find a few other fixed and improved issues that consists of Wi-Fi calling improvements, New SMS and email notification improvements, and yet more improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery. Naturally, don’t panic if you don’t see that notification right away because it’s expected to be rolled out to all handsets over the coming weeks – albeit, it never hurts to manually check for it yourself.
source: T-Mobile via Android Central