London Underground solves iOS 6 Maps woes with old-fashioned techniques
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 08:07 posted on
The Apple Maps introduced with iOS 6 have been the subject of criticism and ridicule due to their numerous imperfections. The lack of reliable information about public transportation is one of them. That could be a problem for users who live in a crowded city like London and rely heavily on the tube (read: the subway) in order to get around. The London Underground, however, has a solution to the problem...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I can see the next Samsung Ad
The man stops at the edge of a cliff as his turn by turn navigation Siri tells him to proceed in 50m to turn left. In the car it is him, his wife and a teenage girl. Then the passing buy car stops to inspect. Then realise that the onwer of the other car looks lost.
Man1 : Hi sir, are you okay?
man2 : Not really, I think I'm lost
man 1: lost? "looking perplexed", okay, where were you going?
man2 : ahmmm, to...
man1 ; "interrupting man 2", cool, I'll type in your address on my galaxy S3 on google maps and i'll direct you to your destination"
man1 : "takes off his phone" so what is your destination?
man2 : "telling man1 the destination"
man2 : "whispering" where did you buy that phone"
man1 : "not sure what man2 said" what?
man2 : " looks at his wife who is busy typing something on her iPhone 5, then looks at his daughter flicking on an iPad" I want to buy that phone "whispering so the wife will not hear him asking about the galaxy s3"
23. torr310 (Posts: 288; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
The solution is to get an Android phone. Easy!
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
O MY GOD!!! HAHAAHAHAH..........TROLLED!
solution? go to a library and borrow a map!! LMAOOO
12. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
And have justice and humanity in them.
22. Ohrules (Posts: 298; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
and so is google:
4. Crossblade (Posts: 171; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
Somebody has trolled the Underground, funny though :)
5. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Talk about old-fashioned techniques an marauder's map could come in handy.
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5285; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well the fail starts with their icon, it tells you how wrong things are in there
7. B3BLW29 (Posts: 236; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I think the circle stand for Tube (they call their subway tube for some reason) + underground, so makes sense for them.
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5285; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
21. protozeloz (Posts: 5285; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
also so you know apple maps shows 280 because its close to cupertino if you look with the closest structure next to cupertino you will find a bridge you cant turn left from the bridge
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple should give a scanned copies of these paper maps on their iDevices ... better than their rotten cr@p which they are calling Apple Maps.
9. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Wow it looks like the innovative apple taking back ifans into stone age.
14. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
We are all laughing at this epic fail.
17. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
LOL, i'm a fan of Apple(Also a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 which I'm lovin it, looking forward to getting me some Note II), but would love to see Samsung making fun of Apple Maps. with something like ifan being lost in the city and the other one by the edge of a cliff with a car, looking all perplexed, then a Samsung Galaxy S3 user comes along and show them directions. That will be epic.
15. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Haha, Classic Brits. One the few sensible countries which don't fall for false advertising and patent hypocrisy. Remember, they even threw out Apple's case against Galaxy Tab, asking Apple to apologize and now this. USA can learn a thing or two.
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Taking half baked to entirely new levels!
25. jibraihimi (Posts: 527; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hahahahahahaha....... It was really very funny............. :)
But I think new Maps from Apple will be very useful for all the Husband, and workers; Because now they can blame the maps on ios 6, for being late to home or work........... :)
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
actually they can still use nokia maps with turn-by-turn navigation via m.maps.nokia.com nokia knows that they are really superior in mapping solution..
but hope that apple will solve this stupid problem soon and i mean now!!!