- Current weather conditions on your lock screen
- An optional five day weather forecast.
- Support for tens of thousands of cities around the world.
- Current weather and future forecasts updated regularly.
- Both Fahrenheit and Celsius units supported.
- An original set of weather graphics for every conceivable weather condition.
Lock Screen Weather for iPhone does what it says with a catch
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4528; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Apple & multitasking, never a good combo. It's like oil & water! They hate each other. Hey but at least the iPhone is smooth! lol
2. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
What a backasswards OS. I swear. This is something that has been possible since forever and works on a bunch of other mobile platforms. But for some reason the "geniuses" at Apple seem to think it's not a good idea.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4528; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. To have this on your iPhone you need to sacrifice all your notifications but calls. Something so simple shouldn't have to be so hard on Apple's devices. This is soon going to be 2012 & STILL Apple can't get it right! lol
5. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
sorry but if i want to check the weather i just pull down my notification bar. its not hard to do. i cant believe people have gotten so lazy that they cant do a one step process anymore. aside from that i guess the most important thing for android is if you can see the weather? cool...i guess?
8. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
@Astreo I dont know if you're joking or playing plain stpd, to do that, u have to unlock you iphone then pull down the notification bar. Huge difference. We live in a world where we want a quick access to something instead of going thru 10 steps to get there, plus iOS was meant to make thing easier so that even the idiot who doesnt know how to use a smartphone will be able to work iPhone. #iPhoneNeedsSomeBoostingWithSimpleTechnology
13. ZayZay (Posts: 569; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I still can't figure out how to press back on the iphone lol. Call me stupid but I keep pressing that little circle at the bottom.
iphone is easy to us for every one but ZayZay!
20. Socalvenom (unregistered)
so I guess were to lazy and stupid to unlock the screen and read a message or make an appointment on the calender that we need Siri to do it for us? What's next the iphones gonna wipe our asses when we s**t because we don't wanna go through a ten step process? To me ever since people started using more and more smart phones over the years they have become tweens that are locked on their phone screens while they walk down the street paying no attention to their surroundings and getting his by a car but the best one is that no one types complete sentences everyone from 10 to 70 year olds people use acronyms. I own an iphone 4 but you wont see me getting hit by a car any time soon as a walk down the street three block to my local 7-11
23. ZayZay (Posts: 569; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Can't stand when people almost run into me walking because their eyes are glued to there screen.
Texting and walking causes accidents.
25. Socalvenom (unregistered)
that s**ts annoying and then they bump into you and they get offended cause they think you bumped into them!!
46. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
This post just went from people being to lazy to use their phones to getting hit by a car. I don't know how you managaed to successfully segway into that, but kudos. But on topic, I think you are being a little to paranoid about this. It's called evolution. You don't see people getting upset when cars came around, because it made life easier then walking everywhere.
36. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
sorry but i counted two steps.. how about if an apple user wants to access a calculator? two step on ios, 3 step on android.. it is really just a difference of apps then widgets or widgets than apps.. its a big fundemental difference that really isnt very different for the user
31. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh maybe because it sucks battery life and slows down the OS, much like the precious buggy Android phones.
40. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Suck down battery life? I don't know a SINGLE person who can get a full 2 days from an Iphone 4s no matter WHAT they do, I get 2 FULL days from my RAZR, and occasionally get 3 FULL days, I'll take a picture for you next time it happens.
On topic; Downloaded the app on my Itouch, pretty, hope Apple incorporates it into iOS 6
15. shafboy (Posts: 179; Member since: 26 Sep 2010)
Haha WIndows Phone is smooth and is good at multitasking. Try it out...
16. ZayZay (Posts: 569; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
"Insert generic hate windows, love apple" comment here.
3. derricob (Posts: 24; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well it's a good start. Kinda sucks that it costs, but hey that's iOS apps for you. I have had this for at least 9 months for FREE on my HTC Sense devices (EVO 4G and EVO 3D), and it doesn't interfere with my music/sounds.It does drain the battery a lil, but that's coo too because I have a back up battery I can just pop in on the go.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I dont know about you guys but why would i want the weather on my screen when i just look outside my windows and..is right there for me....
12. don1329 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
I know right. Might as well just stop showing the weather on the news or reporting about it at all. I mean bc I can just look out my window and its right there for me...
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4528; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I get what you are saying gallitoking. I use a weather app just to see how the weather will be tomorrow or 2 to 3 days from now. Also I travel a lot for work so I need to see what the weather is like in other cities across the U.S.
To me a weather app is very convenient & an absolute must. Way better than flipping to the Weather Channel.
32. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Lol, well said. That stung a lot of Android fans.
37. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Isn't one of the defenses of Apple products that because people want them that makes them the right choice? After all, they claim that people really don't 'wan't' Android phones, they're just more affordable right? Well, the same could be said of the weather and it's apps/programs. Most people want them, actually want them, therefore weather apps are a necessary product.
Believe it or not, the weather is still one of the largest topics of conversation in the world.
41. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
You're right, lets take all the weatherman out back and beat the crap out of 'em!
47. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
The weather is only useful if you're asking sir I if you need an umbrella.
7. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Why do I need the weather on my lock screen?
This is a dumb app
11. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I agree with you two, there's no need for this app.
14. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Really? I have a widget on my homescreen that displays the weather and if I could have that on my lock screen I would... What's dumb about it?
Almost every morning my girlfriend asks me what it's like outside so she knows how to dress, it's convenient enough already that I only have to unlock the phone but if I didn't even have to do that it would be that much easier.
17. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
To whoever gave me thumbs down... i'm sorry your iPhone doesn't do widgets.
When it finally can then you will realize how useful they are.
19. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
its ok bro dont have a cow. You sound hurt.
Thats not enough of a use for me to havit on my love screen. All I have to do is slide down Notification center.
27. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah and all I have to do to make a phone call is press the phone icon and dial the number, but I still use voice dialing.
30. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You crack me up tacohunter.
The self-appointed moderator of the comments section has arrived...
33. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
end of disscussion why arguing?
If you actually pay attention to some of my post you'll see that i'm not always the moderator of comments. In fact you do this almost every time. Very rarely you make a single post message rather then reply argue, what you always do.
49. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
tacohunter, you always try to force your opinions on others action. i remember you waging war because someone had a profile picture that you just didnt like and whined about it all the time. you always tell people how they should act.
your not a moderator. your not the boss. your in charge of no one but yourself and you have no more sway on this board than anyone else. quit trying to control, because you have none.
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
says the guy holding the wooden stick
18. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Agreed with iamcc.
I think it's hilarious that people are attacking the app. Since when is convienence directly related to laziness? It's just something nice to have. I agree it's not important or needed but to attack the app and people who use it is just ridiculous.
21. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yep...weather is the main function in sense. And EVERYONE wants to know how the weather is like RIGHT NOW! Can't make two additional moves to check it out. They need to know...weather must be everywhere...at the bottom of the screen, on every panel, above the clock, even in multitasking manager...oh wait, it's even painted on phone's shell.
And apple...the new weather lock screen changes the weay we look at mobile phones...again...
24. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Gallitoking can tell the weather for the rest of the weekend by looking out the window hahah, lets get real now...HTC is a phone company that take the weather seriously i think its a meteorologist best friend
35. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well if it rains in china.. guess what.. i dont get wet.. everyones that has the weather widget has the weather from their location ( most of them) so wanting to know the weathe rin other places is a dumb excuse.. yes is useful. but not to have it in a widget.. I rather have battery than to have a widget tell ing me the obvious....
42. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
AGAIN with an iPhone 4s YOU DONT GET BATTERY LIFE, IT DIES IN UNDER 48 HOURS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, might as well get some nice functionality out of it, since you don't have widgets.....
26. kcombs (Posts: 254; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
All I have to say is, it works and I think it's a cool app. I'm glad Apple is letting stuff like this through the app store.
38. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
it's not about the ability to see the weather from your window or how many steps you need to do it in iOS...
it's about the abilities of a modern operating system, and iOS is just a an app launcher.
as you can see, that works very well for them... people that are not into computers and technology get easily confused and irritated with all the options and possibilities, so they love iPhone's simplicity.
39. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
This app just makes me really see how foolish and stupid apple phone users are...see al the hustle you have to go through just for simple widget like app on ur iphone.when android users have been enjoying this and many more functions for soooooooooooo loooooooong.come on people,wake up from your stupidity.ios is trush.even a windows fon will serve you better.
43. seeds (Posts: 48; Member since: 13 Apr 2011)
i hope htc not fight with apple again
44. xray174 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
widget locker many android lockscreen u can put it on
45. LionStone (Posts: 499; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
You guys think that a weather app is cool when it nullifies notifications? hmm...