Living with the Samsung Galaxy S5, week 4: the mighty TouchWiz camera
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2014, 10:14 posted on
A month ago, I was given a mandate to take Samsung's hottest piece of portable hardware in the Galaxy S5, take it through its paces, and report on the many insights I gained. And I did...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hunted (Posts: 403; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
i dont understand why you are advertising this phone too much. There are many other flagships like lumia 1520, sony Z2 and HTC M8. they are very good phones indeed
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
and please dont make such jelly comments, maybe Crispy got himself a s5 and John V got a m8, maybe they didnt like the z2 or 1520.
9. hunted (Posts: 403; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
except that one article they haven't posted anything about M8 and now dont copy paste the same link again and again just show they posted something about other products
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 4758; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
HTC does not have the deep pocket to pay PA.
PA also need advertising revenue and Samsung is willing to pay lots of it period.
6. chocowii (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Samsung pays so PA post it. The only thing left missing is rename this site to SamsungArena or GalaxyArena. Its S5 everywhere.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lumia didnt sell well, Shill? :-(
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well they did this for LG G2 and now m8..
So do you think LG and HTC too are paying PA??
stop your imagination...this series can't be done with all phones...because this takes time....
So they choose popular flagship phones for this...
30. chocowii (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
I didnt see a 4-week review of G2 and M8. Did they do that too?
34. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm not sure about m8...but they did for G2....
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 3012; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
read all weeks with s5 and say something about marketing... Crispy was talking negative even for those features which are really praise worthy
45. chocowii (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Marketing is seeing your products everywhere. Good or bad its still exposure. Brand retains in your mind. S5 here, S5 there, even S5 in ads. S5 everywhere. Do you think its coincidentally not marketing?
35. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Maybe its because the S5 outsell all of the phones you mention above? lol
2. Carlitos (Posts: 453; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I like how you are giving each aspect of the Galaxy s5 a close personal look and tell us how the experience was. And from what I can tell this phone really is just a monster. And the best phone out there right now. the g3 comes close, but the screen leaves a lot to be desired.
Can't wait till the s5 gets dethroned bus it's own kin. The Note 4.
18. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
As much as I'm not a fan of TW, the S5 is still the best Android available IMO. The camera on it is outstanding. Just got back from vacation and the pics my wife took on her S5 kill similar ones taken with my N5 and brothers iPhone 5. The options are a little intimidating since there are so many to pick from and makes the stock camera on my N5 seem like the most basic camera around, which maybe it is.
24. Lboogey6 (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
this guy doesn't know anything bout the phone the camera feature while is dual camera mode has an arrow on the screen to pick different frames
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Touchwiz camera app has always been the best. There's still no match for new S5 camera app on the market.
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1966; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
As far as I know...
You don't like TW...
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yes I hate touchwiz for its ugliness and the bloated nature that slows down device, and that brings down android reputation. But I like the awesome touchwiz functionality. :)
also liking what i dont like would make me sheeepy.
20. greatoneiw (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
sumsung is best when its comes to camera , nokia is just bragging all day about their camera but i've seen nokia 920 photo's and campred them to the ones with s4....s4 was much better !
23. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Can't wait for the next article of the living with lag LMFAO
25. Lboogey6 (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
funny ya'll comment about lag im about 2 months in experiencing no lag youre the iphone user who says android force closes all the time cerca 2009 get a life go to your ...what ever phone you like and enjoy the boredom
btw this guy needs a little help with his reviece dual camera allows different shapes theres an arrow that is on the screen to change and resize
33. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Sooner or later your sLag will slow down and start to show its true colors. I had a s3 a while back and even the dailer lagged. LAG LAG LAG LOL even removing the phone from your ear after a call there's a delay for the screen to come on.
38. wilsong17 (unregistered)
hmm how old is the s3 also i own the s3 and i dont have lag... are you smart enough to use a smart phone
39. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Excuse me? If I wasn't smart enough to operate a smart phone I wouldn't know how to pick out lags in between switching simple tasks. You had an s3 and it didn't lag? Can you please sell me it? I'd love to buy that oh so special s3 cuz it's one of a kind.
44. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
The S3 does lag. Hell, my dad's S4 even freezes, let alone an S3. But it doesn't mean they're not usable. They're class-leading when it comes to chipsets, Sammy always gets the best available chipsets around.
Even if it lags, you don't have to be such a, in sar44's words, noob-hater about the S3.
36. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The camera app is really good! Seems like it has evolved a lot from the Note 3 and I would love that interface on my Note 3 if Samsung is willing to make updates for that exactly...S5 is awesome...loving these 'living with S5~~~' stories
37. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Oh god, I wish I had the money to buy an S5. As much as I hate to admit it, Samsung makes flagships that are standard-setters. In the camera department, the S5 is the smartphone to beat (Lumia 1020 is a beast, but I'm not so sure about the OS and shot-to-shot time).
And as much as I hate their phone design, I think the white S5 (Shimmery White?) looks elegant.
Maybe Samsung makes ugly phones and bloated UI. But people still buy their phones. And they make a hell of a lot of money.
40. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
I went to the samsung store to check out their s5 and I tried the front and back camera and I don't know if it's just me or anything but the colors looked washed out and just pale looking...next to horrible if you ask me.
42. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
It could be just you, or it could be a unit-specific problem.
I really want OEM's to also invest in their selfie cams. My P6 has 5MP for its front-facer, only few of this year's flagships have brought about such high-res front shooters.
43. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
I like it best. The other colors don't look as attractive as the white one. The Band-Aid with activated charcoal (Black), the Band-Aid (Gold) don't really look impressive. The S4 Active with huge pores (Blue) looks okay but no one can match the class-exuding Shimmery White.
46. Lexieh2430 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Oct 2014)
Chris - when I exported the Virtual Tour to my PC, it was no longer a virtual tour, it was a very boring photo. However, in your article, you were able to load the tour to this site as it displays on the phone so your readers could see what the function looks like. How were you able to do that?
47. Chris.P (Posts: 457; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
I randomly stumbled upon your question, ages later.
If you're still interested and without an answer, the way I did it is by taking video of the GS5's screen and then play it through the built-in Gallery app.