Living with a fire-sale TouchPad on Android
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2011, 13:54 posted on
After a somewhat complicated and tricky installation process, our TouchPad was happily running CyanogenMod 7, i.e. Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread, with some customizations like permanent on-screen keys such as Home, Menu and Back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I gave my pops a fire sale TouchPad and I want to hack it but I'll hold off for a real simple way so I don't kill it.
Or would anyone say its easy enough? Rooting and ROMming aint nothin new to me.
No Native YouTube app is just plain lame.
6. ervman1 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
very easy...def a lot easier than getting root for some devices out there
2. dudemanrod (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
you can get the gameloft games to play by changing your model to GT-I9100 and brand to samsung in build.prop
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
cool, makes the TouchPad worth buying....
4. hepresearch (unregistered)
If you could still get one that isn't refurbished... hard to find ongoing fire-sales on brand new stock...
5. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Meh, I rather just shell out the cash for a tablet that's actually worth owning.
8. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
i am buying a new one off craiglist today and rooting and roming it tonight! i hope all goes well. downloaded all the zip files...looks pretty easy..i have rooted several sammy phones and jailbroke a crappy iphone twice..this should be no problem, fingers crossed!
9. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
AWESOME!! Good luck - how much did you pay for your TouchPad?
10. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
hi, sorry to so long to reply, paid $220 new, but kicker is, dude had already installed the mod so no need on my part! nice! hopefully dev comm will get the hp ice cream for Christmas! that would be the ultimate present!