Liveblog: Apple announces new iPhone models
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 09:37 posted on
That's it, guys – the wait is over! The day, on which Apple will officially introduce us to its new iPhone models – presumably the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C, has finally arrived. Needless to say, we're excited to see what the company has crafted in its workshops in Cupertino, and we bet that a lot of you are also looking forward to learning more about these upcoming devices. Naturally, we'll be following the event live as it unfolds. Would you like to join us? If so, then you've come to the right place. Here we'll be liveblogging the announcement of the new iPhone models, bringing you all the major and minor announcements that Apple has to make today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i will save everyone time waiting round for 10am...
1)iPhone S ame
2)iPhone C heap
3)iPad S ame
4)Mini R etina
Nothing to see here, move along move along. Just another snorefest that has iFans in a uproar to replace all their other S ame devices with newer S ame devices.
uggh, the money that is waited could feed small countries rather than have apple bilk their customers with same S hit Different year
27. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
AAH the smell of burning haters! Can this day get any better??? xD
84. JohnnyZ (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
He's just telling it like it is. Apple will tell you otherwise....and you will believe them. You'll buy your incremental upgrade because it will have one extra feature that Apple won't allow you to run on your old iPhone even though it is powerful enough to do so, and you'll never know any better.
36. Ninetysix (Posts: 2314; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It\'s such a snorefest that all fans and haters are going gaga from every corner. LOL...Look at all of these articles and posts!!!!
43. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you forgot to post the link to the Hilter rant of Steve Jobs... -___-
70. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
royalpayne, you are too funny. Not only do you raw raw apple, you raw raw all the posts that raw raw apple. You arrogant, ridiculous, iFollowers are something else :/
How many S hits does apple have to produce before you guys realize you have spent your life savings on basically a iPhone 1 that has a higher number and a S on it. Apple makes the least amount of changes yearly to save and make them the most amount of money and you guys line up like S heep but worse you praise them on websites such as this one like they are gods :/ :/
128. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I love it when i tick off half wits =D
68. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
lol, my video is sooo funny and memorable to you that you think i have spammed it. iHaven\'t, look at my post history, prolly 2 or 3 times max and just recently when darkjedi and I had a moment (just one tho, we are back to normal ;) oh and that video has been up since 2011
77. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
apple... i\'m just messing with ya bro. lol
i do give you credit for what you put together. it just seemed appropriate for me to take a jab at your comment.
45. saurabh9022 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
I dont know why people like you cant see the success of apple. Google never did anything great yet rather than copying stuffs. I own a nexus 4 and its a shi* i think apple iphone is way better what i had before i regret
90. JohnnyZ (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
Explain why Apple has blatantly copied Apple for the last 2 years. You obviously got a defective Nexus 4 or have never actually used one. There hasn't been an exciting Apple event since 2009.
95. JohnnyZ (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I'm waiting for someone to throw this at me because it's all they got
I could have sworn I saw Google there a second ago though. I think someone is just F'ing with me that mods this forum
129. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Boy ur insecure! Chill! No ones throwing anything at u, just calm down!
67. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Its now a marketing gimmick that phones are leaked before the unveiling, its good for business stock prices rise. Theres no need to build anticipation now, iFans would buy a brick with an Apple Logo. The main thing is how to get your share prices up and steal your money while you drool at the same design since iphone 4.
An Iphone costs less than 100$ to make, yet it costs as much as 800$ to buy, pretty hefty premium that needs a bumper cover as soon as you open it from the box.
Lets just wait and see shall we
87. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that there is no stream. And Apple is named as tech company... :(
89. JohnnyZ (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I'm on Comedy Central right now, but I don't see the Apple event. Technical difficulties?
96. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Let's Go iFRAGMENTATION!!! if you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS you won't be getting the lovely rAiNbow known as iOZ7.
100. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
If you still use a 3GS, you need a new phone. Holy crap that thing's almost as old as the entire Android OS.
101. jeffsubero (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
anyone know how can to get the live anoucment feed
112. Brutus (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Not bad at all.....
The optimizations made by apple are matched by none,,,,
The camera is excellent, the battery is now beefed up and superiorly optimized for much superior timings,
Fingerprint scanner is always welcome and handy...
But the best of all.... The A7 chip is just revolutionary! 64-bit, twice as fast, Classy graphics and brilliant architecture...
M7 chip is also INNOVATIVE...
I couldnt have expected any better. Gold 5s for me!
Cominf from an HTC One X user...
127. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
In crisis cos no one is buying one. then cry we lost millions.
3. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Hey!! Look I've got iPhone 5S already!!! Oh! wait, it's my mom's iPhone 5. Damn!! can't tell the different.
6. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
If u can't, ur a noob! In the age of the internet, even a toddler can tell the difference!
34. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Jimmie Kimmel proved otherwise.
40. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Jimmy Kimmel is such a relevant guy in tech industry that im totally gonna waste my time watching some stupid youtube vid to base my opinions on. NOT!
41. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Closed minded, you are. Video completely proved your previous comment wrong, but if you want to ignore it, so be it.
52. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
OH MY GOD! A stupid vid proved me wrong. Now iv changed my mind! About being closed minded, sure i am. Quality and a trouble free experience are the only thing i'm after. Nokia provides it, Apple provides it, Sony provides it, so I'm happy with them!
58. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Googler is out of comebacks =D
61. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I made my point, and didn't know it was a contest.
80. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Jimmie Kimmel is hilarious
7. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
well your mom has more brains than you, leave it to her to choose the best phone for herself. You go play and customize and antutu your phone while we use phones with the services they have to offer.
15. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Ahahaha "customize and antutu your phone"! Killer =D
94. JohnnyZ (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
Well of course she'll choose an iPhone, she's in one of the 3 demographics that iPhones are for; old people, n00bs, and 15-year-old girls.
4. tech2 (Posts: 3326; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Isn\\\'t it a bit too early to start bloggin ? its still 2.15 hours to the announcement
21. LordDavon (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I\'m not sure I am upgrading this time around. My Note II is still working great, but the Note 3 does look pretty sweet. So, I am torn. Yet, if they were to announce a 5\" iPhone, I would have another device to consider.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I liked when Sony during IFA 2013 event talked almost only about the technologies. While Apple always half of event time talks about popularity, biased statistics, sales and how popular they are. It always looks like Apple talks to a people who don't know anything about the technologies just want to follow the trend to show off between their friend and say: "Look, I also have an iPhone, now I'm cool like you!".
9. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
at least the new iphone will make me money. I know like 100 people that already want one.
10. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
And what do you have to say about all the commercials that take a dig at Apple. Dude don't get hurt because it's called marketing. The device in itself is pretty cool and it may not hold up to everyone's demands of screen size, battery or expandable memory ( i know they are very important) but it does offer one thing and that's an unparalleled user experience (again subjective).
It works for a lot of people and in a way better than its competitors so that's what they sell and market.
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
\"Dude don\'t get hurt because it\'s called marketing.\"
I know that it is only marketing and I\'m not hurt, I just say how all that looks from aside.
38. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
"Apple always half of event time talks about popularity, biased statistics, sales and how popular they are"
So your point holds no relevance because look at it from any side ...they are popular, they sell well and they do bias stats! (fyi just like every successful company you can think about has done)
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You still miss the point of my comment.
49. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Nope you miss the point of the iPhone being the best phone period.
Edit - When i say phone, i don't me mean a Globemaster wannabe trying to pass off as a fighter jet>>>if you get my drift ;)
63. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I was talking about how Apple presents their products. Other companies more talk about technologies, while Apple half of event time talk about popularity, showing some biased statistics, sales and how popular they are. In other words Apple just tries to convince people that heir product are trendy and "cool". And it is clearly shows that Apple is aiming at audience which priority is trend not technologies. For such people priority is to keep up with fashion and choose only what is trendy, they less care about technology, they mostly want to show off between their friend or so and say: "Look, I have an iPhone and that's why I'm cool!". And all this only proves why Apple makes such minor changes in theyr products such like iPhone every year, because the most of their customers don't care about the technologies, they care only about how much brand name is trendy, that's why there is no technological progress with iPhone.
At least such is my opinion.
72. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So popularity isn't an achievement to brag about, and who said only about that. I still feel iOS 7 and small hardware changes are relevant. Just coz people like to brag about their purchases and choices doesn't make a device bad! that's the crappiest take on any company.
What genius things did other companies innovate that makes iPhone so irrelevant today? iOS users play the same games others do with multiple processors running the same things.
Agreed on RAM but your take is on popularity and being an icon! Guess taking dumps at icon is the new "in" thing in the world.
PS - Things get trendy coz they are relevant. Everyone had lot of respect for Concord to quote another industry but what good did it serve, it wasn't relevant. Even droid manufacturers play the same ball game buddy, their trick is hardware , Nokia's trick is camera(an awesome one at that) . It fits the bill.
78. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Read my comments again #8 and #63 because you are still missing the point of my comments.
56. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
What technology? The same chip apple decided not to put in their devices. If you guys realize most of the tech inside most phones is available to all companies. There is nothing innovative about most phones released in the last 2 year. They are all generic cpus, ram, displays and batteries any company choose.
65. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Read my comments again #8 and #63.
11. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I might buy a few of the new plastic iphones, for drop test, stabbing test and burn test.