Live from Times Square it's the Motorola Droid!
This article contains unofficial information.
1. kilari (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Oct 2009)
I hope Android finally puts the iphone out of my misery.
3. vzw fanman (Posts: 1968; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i know right!! and you did not deserve a negative for your comment. it seems like when ever i say one bad thing about at&t or the iphone or even me commenting in general i get a -1. why is that people?
2. Hosier41 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jan 2009)
Aren't they making to big of a deal over this stupid phone.
5. jporterweb (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 Jan 2009)
Ummm... no. Android really is going to be where the battle is. The iPhone has no hope right now of keeping its share up, and with VZW backing Android, the iPhone(at least in the US) is honestly going to be threatened for the first time in its existence. So seeing all the stuff about the iPhone, this is mild in comparison and could just be the thing that finally removes Apple's grip on peoples mind.
6. Illyich (Posts: 167; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I disagree. At least for the forseeable future, the iPhone is still going to have stellar sales. The droid certainly looks better -- I'd rather use one of those (and for the record, my Nokia 6085 is just fine for me). However, when it comes down to actual sales, the iPhone is still going to be a huge ticket item no matter what other phone comes along. Apple's marketing is just too good.
7. Hosier41 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jan 2009)
The iphone was not threatened when the first android phone came out the G1. What is so different now?
8. dubracer223 (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
this is not the same o.s. as the g1. the new o.s. supports 2 processors for starters..eclairs are sweeter than cupcakes
9. dubracer223 (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
i agree...it will take some time to take a bite outta the iphones market but this is truly the 1st time a realistic competitor has come to do serious battle.