Live: Motorola announcing first smartphone with Intel CPU
There have been some indications that the phone we're going to see today will be a specific version of Moto's new mid-range warrior, the RAZR M. If that is the case, Intel will not really be making its entrance with a bang. Still, we're excited about this handset, as it'll be extremely interesting to see how it's going to perform versus its ARM-ed competition.
Stay tuned, as the event is starting in just about an hour from now! The event will begin at: 5AM ET | 4AM CT | 2AM PT | 10AM BST | 11AM CET
Live event tracker
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Which architecture does this intel cpu uses? x86 or the RISC as in case of ARM?
Getting excited, this day is certainly going to become a landmark for Intel!!
3. jos_031 (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
The architecture will be based on X86. and it would be based on CISC instruction set
8. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
x86 is basically CISC but in case of x86 there isn't much difference.
9. jos_031 (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
What do you think about Advanced Vector Extensions in it
2. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
To get my attention, this should have high end specs. Otherwise it's a meh. Moto why don't you give us something at par with LG optimus G and the Note 2.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Why should every other smarphone out there should have Snapdragon pros?? Android already runs butter smooth on MSM8960. I'd say Optimus G is kinda overkill at current time. It's 'ready for future'. Moto will certainly launch such spec'd phone when time comes. For now don't you think Razr MAXX HD is enough?
15. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
lol you are cute. what I mean was specs could be like this
4.5-4.7 HD screen AMOLED or IPS LCD
4000 mAh battery
latest Android or stock Android
unibody design with kevlar
13 MP Sony camera (Moto have crappiest cam ever)
with this, I can say this Moto is worth a look in times that optimus G and Note 2 are released. otherwise we'll have another spin off that came from the original Droid Razr.
18. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
yep, it's confirmed. it's a Droid Razr spin off. Moto is out of designs. they are doing what Samsung did to S2 before and put different processors in it creating a variant.
4. jos_031 (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Seeing the specs no one can compare between ARM architecture and x86 architecture.
5. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Intel CPU's are really fast... want to see all apps work on this architect...
dual-core Intel processor
atleast 2500 mAh battery...
all apps compatible
& global version phone...
this will fire the competition on the Android side.... :)
7. FAW-Q (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
A phone powered by an Intel and running Windows 8 non-RT would entice lots of nerds to jump boats.
10. zeidof (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
I know the frequncy of cpu is 2ghz, but no idea about number of cores
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Time for us to take a trip to... THE EDGE. *insert dramatic music here*
14. vanya (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Still a better phone than iFlop5. Or should I say waaaaay better?
17. jos_031 (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I think same architecture as found in xolo. just improvement in clock speed