Live: Microsoft's launch of Windows 8
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 10:06 posted on
This year's October turned out to be yet another action-packed month for mobile. First, we got the iPad mini on the 23, and on the 29th we'll be officially introduced to Windows Phone 8, as well as Google's next Nexus device/s. But today is a bit different...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ueliton (Posts: 34; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Ray?? I think you missed the dates, Apple event was two day ago...
6. ABDULGHAFOOR (Posts: 104; Member since: 04 May 2012)
"Hey guys, this is Ray for PhoneArena"
u mean xperia ray ??? :D
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Oh boy, nothing against MS but I don't think the Metro UI will be as good looking/ functional on mouse and screen PCs as that on the touchscreen PCs.
18. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Actually, I've been using Windows 8 Pro on my laptop, which lacks a touch screen, and it still works great. I love using the "Modern" UI apps, including IE10! I cannot wait until more major developers add some more apps because Windows 8 is truly amazing and innovative. And what's great is that you are not forced to use the "Modern" UI as the Desktop app is just a click away and gives you the Windows 7 experience.
12. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If only ray had the excitement he had for the apple event a few days ago...
4. thegreatone99 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
i wonder wat ms will reveal today besides windows rt
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I think it'll catch up really fast. Here's why. PC and laptops are used by millions in household and business. If ms will no longer support other windows, many will have no choice but move to w8. They'll use it and they will love it, just like me.
8. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Or it will fail just like vista. People will just stay behind until Windows 9 comes out.
10. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
though some may wish that to be so. It is doubtful
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol and yet vista fails people use windows7 who cares go away shuu
15. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
There is no fail at this point. You either use it and love it or use nothing at all. Other alternative is everyone go Apple.
9. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
anyone else see that tablet with the stylus?
11. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Live Live Live
Live video stream of the event
13. Johnnokia (Posts: 988; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Microsoft and Nokia will be in the top soon
16. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good launch. I wish they'd be more accurate and say "yet" instead of "ever", as "ever" implies all time, future, current, and past, despite the generalized misuse of the word
22. Furbal (Posts: 773; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Installing win 8 on two computers right now (free upgrade with lenovo)....wish me luck.
23. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1449; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'LL get my Windows 8 Pro Upgrade box friday if staples has any for sale. I have been using all the Windows 8 release copies and am used to using it and would recommend that others give it a try. I would infrom them not to get freaked out over the the Moern UI start screen because it is just an extra new windows screen that you use to put your Programs and apps on the start screen so that when it appears after you log in you can open them up and use the immediately or if you choose to just skip the Start screen and mouse click or touch the desktop tile and work out things from there and get to all of windows 8's programs and app by mouse clicking or touching the search charm that appears whenever you bring you mouse pointer to the lower left cornet of your non touch screen monitor or whenever you press the windows key and the letter c. pleses remember that to shut off a windows 8 computer you must bring up the 5 Charms and activate the settings charm and then activate the power icon