Little touches in iOS 6 bring forward Apple's more humane side
1. BattleBrat (Posts: 1432; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Little? Yes, VERY little.... My mom uses an iPad three when she helps students (she is a special services teacher, and YES I had ADHD growing up, and my sister is dyslexic so I'll nip that one in the bud)
13. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
If you don't mind me asking, what OS in your opinion has more than little touches to provide a great experience for special needs folk?
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 2142; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"Only Apple could make such amazing hardware, software, and services. We are so proud of these products. They are perfect examples of what Apple does best."
I loled at this. too funny.
6. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Actually it looks like political pamphlet of some totalitarian party in history or some dystopian future.
14. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you are right actually. i guess suicides at foxconn were not humans or apple and PA have double standards.
27. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As Slavoj Žižek said, they solved this problem by putting protective nets on Foxconn building exterior on every floor in order to stop those suicides. For them, those workers are not humans.
I would agree with that. I'm sorry.
3. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sure, they are very humane and are out to help those who need it most...if they have really deep pockets...
4. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
i am so proud that im using apple device such as (iphone 4s, ipod touch , ipad2 , mac pro , and mac book pro..)
7. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Apparently three people AREN'T proud of you...
10. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you guys make comments like everyone is supposed to have android devices...lol smh...
11. spoks (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Because apple's slogan for iOS 6 just put android as its master with these new features.hahahah
12. beillax (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I think this is great that Apple is doing this. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any other company stepping up and trying to help out kids with need.
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
No correction needed. You gotta give it to Apple on the accessibility thing, they are considerable better at it than any other company. Google really needs to spend some time in that area of Android. As much as i love Android, simply doesn't measure up to iOS in accessibility. Sorry fellow Android fans, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.
26. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, i love iOS for their accessibility.. just hope google can step up.. this is one thing that i respect about iOS..
15. alan_1230 (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
Honestly Apple isn't even thinking about a killer iPhone they are competing against them selves . they added 200 innovations lol i wonder where they are . and whatever they mentioned android has had them for years.... bye :)
20. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Obviously those features dont really matter if people are still buying iPhones without them. If people really wanted those features there's always cydia
19. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
It is sad that the majority of these comments are from people who don't own iPhones. It shows how much android fans really cares about the competition..
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I own both Android and iProducts, and I have an autistic child. He actually preferred my android phone over the wife's phone, until we bought him an iPod a couple of years ago. There are exactly lots of apps that I have downloaded for him on my Android phone, for free, that do quite well. When I go look at the iPAD apps for autism, they are really expensive as those developers are taking advantage of the situation the parents are in.
24. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Ok I have a autistic brother. But I'm talking about theses guy who bashing apple for no reason at all. But does the apps do anyway?im curious
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1426; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh, we don't care about competition, we know iOS will NEVER catch up with Android at this rate. But we do care when Apple starts using these as ammo to sue others when it's very obvious that these features are already on Android way before iOS. Worst if the lawsuit actually passes and Android losses that feature or get a heavily modded one.