LifeProof case for the iPhone protects against water, dirt, snow, and shock
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2011, 21:37 posted on
Checking out the vendors at the ShowStoppers event in New York City tonight, we came upon this vendor that deals with this so-called LifeProof case for the iPhone. Rather than dolling up the highly prized smartphone, the LifeProof case goes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
need to make these for andriods as well maybe some of the hotter Blackberry
2. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
I wish they would make cases for other phones... I'd totally buy one
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
They are great cases. One of their original sales videos featured the phone & case at the beach. The video/movie showed the owner and friends frolicking in the surf, dropping the encased phone in the surf, finding it, picking it back up, and, and, and. Very effective marketing tool.
It is a shame the case is only currently available for only the iPhone.
4. Mr.phone.guy. (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)
How many people will lose their phone while swimming in the lake/ocean?
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You would be surprised how many people spill liquid (water, coffee, etc.) on their phone. The phone happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
5. Landmarkcm (Posts: 473; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Thats ultra good protection but still to bulky looking for my taste.
9. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
How is it bulky? It adds 1/16 of an inch and about an ounce of weight.
7. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
ive read the screen protector makes interaction with the touch screen much worse.
also, the price on their site is less than the best buy price in the article.
8. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Which one is the pink phone? Or did someone skin their ipod/iphone? But beyond that looks pretty solid. I can imagine how it would make the touchscreen more difficult to use, but imagine construction workers who want a smartphone but are scared of breaking it. This could be an appropiate fix for them, and I don't think they'd mind the slight difficulties in touch screen use if they could get the protection they need.
10. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
the pink is part of the case. It comes in white, black pink and purple.
11. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
where is the hole for the loundspeaker, microphone
12. ostadkourosh (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
This device does not work. My name is Kourosh Mohammadi (firstname.lastname@example.org) I just bought one of these for almost 80 dollars from best buy. Put it in my pocket to go to the beach for a few days. Now my iphone has water damage. I will have to pay another >300 dollars at least to replace it. Would not buy this thing! I tried to call their toll free number and it did not work. Very nice.
13. whiteflag43 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Does this phone cover fit the i phone 4s for verizon?