Leviton introduces in-wall USB charger for phones and tablets
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 13:03 posted on
The two USB ports on the Leviton T5630 are designed for use with different devices, depending on their power draw. The USB port on the left will output up to 0.7A, while the USB port on the right is capable of up to 2.1A. The right port also incorporates an auto-sensing chip, which will properly adjust the amps depending on the device connected.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wolstenbeast (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Awesome just going to order for the living room and bedrooms.
2. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I would like see it becoming available in airport, doctor office and malls.
3. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for someone to create this. It's one of those things you think is obvious once someone's done it.
4. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Now this is parctical and inovative.... great job Leviton!
5. DAVEED (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Nice indeed. I have the Pass & Seymour version and it charges my ipad and my daughters ipod at the same time. It's also tamper resistant so my 2 year old cant get hurt.
7. yowanvista (Posts: 336; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Cool but they should also produce a 220–240V variant, not all countries use the absurd US 'standards'.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For example I need 220V and ~50Hz. :)