Let the rumor games begin: next iPhone to sport more than one LED flash, and with blue tint to boot
0. phoneArena 18 Dec 2012, 06:33 posted on
The next iPhone is supposedly going to feature more than one LED flash "dot", with a flash displaying a slight blue tint, which is there to help with getting the perfect white balance measurements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
WOWOWOWW what amazing innovation.....
piece of crap
8. amiaq (Posts: 321; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
We'll see many ecstatic iFans, some will have seizure of excitement.
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
Many? I just see one mareep here only...
you need more mareep? Lol
50. corporateJP (Posts: 1287; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
LOL@you, Wendy Garett.
On a side note, wow...it looks like it was drawn on...a NAPKIN!
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Call me evil but PA, i can't help but think why wouldn't people bring up the biased issue up when even the rumor for the next iPhone has such a grand opening.
"Let the rumors begin..." that's really grand compared to things like "Samsung Galaxy SIV to have unbreakable glass..."
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I really think that this is indeed an innovation. Using the differential signals to calculate the correct white balance is commendable. You shouldn't bash everything because it's Apple, dude.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I agree...there's something worth taking into consideration. If i'm not wrong, the calculations has to be precise to get the timing right for a great photo. And taking note that iPhones have good photo taking capability, this should be a great plus.
52. corporateJP (Posts: 1287; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Not worth $199.99 on contract.
They best come with the kitchen sink next round, because this alone is meaningless for most people.
I see people daily (daily) using upgrades to snatch Galaxy S3's and Lumias. More so the former than the latter, all while tossing their old 4 and 4S units in a nearby recycle box.
37. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Most certainly is not. A blue tint on the next iPhone plus the purple tint on the current iPhone is going to be revolutionary because given the rainbow spectrum the possibilities are going to be infinite. It breaks down this way:
Blue + Purple = Indigo
Then, if they add a touch of pink on the following iteration they will have:
Blue + Purple + Pink = Violet
Add some yellow or cadmium and you got something never seen before and that's why it will be revolutionary. Oh, I can't wait..... and, by then, the screen size should be up to 4.201".
Yayyyyyy Apple -- take my money too!!
44. -box- (Posts: 3565; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
so apple is catching up with 2009/2010-era phones with adding another LED. It's revoflashionary!
This is likely a Sony innovation apple is wanting on its next device. Personally, I'd rather have Xenon (just looking at flash-lit samples from the Nokia 808PV and N8 make me flash-envious, although LED is faster for now)
49. monkeytown (Posts: 89; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
you will count it as innovation, as soon as samsung copied it
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
You wanna rumor Apple? Just take my money!!! :D
3. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ifans will be salvating and this achievement, the iPhone 5S will throughly be innovative. Sure no phones have ever had two led flashes before,never
5. Shubham412302 (Posts: 293; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
well nokia phones do have like c7 n9 etc
26. Captain_Doug (Posts: 735; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
And almost every HTC phone for the last 3 years.
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Fellow dudes, those dual LEDs and this one's different... That's just normal flash, this one as some work behind it. The capability to adapt to the scene in the frame.
"The premise of the patent was also to get light with different intensity and different angles adjusted to the various scenes that appear in front of your lens..."
7. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple is all about innovation, not imitation.
24. LOTR12 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
I hope that was sarcasm. REALLY, really bad sarcasm.
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
He doesn't joke when it comes to Apple!
And yes, that is NOT a sarcasm! :D
29. Shubham412302 (Posts: 293; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
ok then tell what apple has invented in phones
what different tech has apple in mobile market
54. corporateJP (Posts: 1287; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
You'll be waiting for a long, long time for an answer to that one.
If you forget that Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Ericcson, LG, Sony, RIM, and HTC ever existed, coupled with the plane of technology stolen from a parallel universe similar to the one seen on the television show "Fringe" where Apple IS actually the innovator, you would find that Apple was the first to market with EVERYTHING.
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 348; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Straight out of a sci-fi movie from YEARS ago...
the difference? the use in the movie was for autonomous robots eyes/sensing!
I guess since a dumb human is using it, and in just a camera it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE when it comes to Patent Innovation!
9. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
The typical guys who bash anything Apple and have nothing productive to contribute to the post. I for one am really curious how the sensors are going to create the different light intensities. It's an interesting patent, not the multiple lights, but the way the lights will be used.
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
And they will accused you as an ifans just like they accused Michael H as well hehehe :p
35. eisenbricher (Posts: 964; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I know, Wendy... I will keep supporting what good is, regardless of platform.
12. mercorp (Posts: 954; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Please do noy patent this stuff and use it for your own profit,apple.
22. NiCE2012 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I will buy a real camera if I want to take some good pictures =)
23. stychill (unregistered)
i'm not that impressed
28. ryq24 (Posts: 441; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
if they still go for 4" screen then they would lose more market share. more and more people are finding out the big benefit of having a large screen and 4" nowadays is just too small.
32. blingblingthing (Posts: 382; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
First an extra half inch on the screen now Multiple LED flash?
This truly changes everything.
36. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Title should have been "Let the Apple Complaints Begin". Phone Arena you're doing a good job reporting a wide variety of news, keep it up. That's why every comes to this site. Android and Apple fans alike. Android fans are just a tad bit more vocal.
38. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
ummm.... I wanna see it first before I comment
However I will take this time and say
SHAME ON PHONEARENA FOR PLACING IPHONE% CAMERA ABOVE HTC ONEX
i am a nokia fan but the onex has an awesome camera...
i am currently playing with five phones:
nexus 4, gs3, ip5, nl920 and onex
people should really try a product before they comment and dont let preference decide
39. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Was the HTC ONE X camera that good? Really i want to know. The reason I didn't get a One X was because alot of the reviews said the camera was overhyped. I was just reading a 2012 disappointment list and the One X was on it for it's camera. I haven't had a chance to mess around with one yet.
40. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
i made a booboo there i have the onex+
it basically has the same camera as the onex
and yes the camera is awesome...
not perfect but much better than the iphone5
the iphone5 is the most overhyped phone i've ever bought
especially since i paid $1200 for it...
disappointed is not the word i would use here
people need to remember that outside of america we dont get subidized phones, plus we have to deal with customs, plus taxes and VAT and there is no playstore
all in all I.ve spent over $6000 for these phones...
to rate these phones it would be
this of course is from MY personal experience with the phones
41. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
I agree! I have the Nokia Lumia 920 and it has by far the best camera on a smartphone. I don't have to carry a phone and camera at the same time now that I can have both in one device. Awesomeness!!!
48. kboo1995 (unregistered)
I just thumbed up because you said (in my personal experience )
I thougth you are some Android Bi**h at the begging
43. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
YaY! it's like some annual Hunger Games or something
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why the hell is this news? It's a freaking flash light just like any phone with flash.
46. Castanedaa99 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
Rumors to the next iPhone started as soon as the iPhone 5 came out.
47. TechDork (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Why can't we get a notification LED? ....... I'm just asking.
51. corporateJP (Posts: 1287; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
This alone is not worth $199.99 on a contract in the States.
The Innovation Train left the Apple Station a long (long) time ago.
Apple is slowly digging their own grave.
57. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Chinese phones have been coming with dual flash since ages.
Yet another innovation stolen and patented :)
58. GodKnowsAll (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Apple Now To Reinvent Dual LED Flash...............lol...............