Let the games begin! Quadrant 2.0 out with benchmark support for multicore processors and ICS
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2012, 02:05 posted on
The popular benchmarking application has finally been brought to version 2.0 and in line with the times to account for multicore processing power, plus it adds support for the up and coming Android Ice Cream Sandwich handsets and tablets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
My Galaxy Nexus scored a 2293...what the hell?!?
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the magnitude of the scoring system has decreased.
2200 is like the new 2800-3000.
5. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
are you sure? i'm on a conservative gov and ran it for fun. 3300. debloated sgs2 and small kernel tweak. no oc/uv
and yes i know my setup is pretty bad, but i'm not about speed, but stability and battery life
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
until we start seeing more Galaxy S II scores we can't be sure but going by consistency I'd say something is messed up about how yours was scored. maybe this confirms that there's something about Samsung's late model Galaxies that messes with Quadrant.
9. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
over at xda they made a thread for the us varient trying to max the score
some older and some with the 2.0 update
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its an exynos based SGS2, i can still see it being around 3k since it is still the strongest chip. If its a hercules/skyrocket, then no. we know samsung has been messing with the I/O scores for those phones, so maybe it was able to carry over.
20. TARDIS (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
My sgs2 (att version) - 3228
Looks like its still going on lol
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's not THAT much more powerful than an OMAP4 though. you should see some of these forums on xda. it's pretty ridiculous how inaccurate these scores are now.
29. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I havent seen the new scores yet for omap and exynos. if you have, visualize them without the I/O scores, which if i remember correctly is the first blue area of the score. it will probably close the "performance gap" quite a bit as the rest is actual CPU/gpu results. Gotta keep an eye on samsung's I/O score tampering. :)
23. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Mine got 2400 and i'm underclocked to 1.0ghz with a conservative gov.
30. ericsorensen (Posts: 53; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Mine Gnex scored a 3000, but it's overclocked a bit to 1.35Ghz
4. b4ckr3ad1ngth1ssh1t (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
all score charts are different now. i bet my eris would be at -300
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If we're going by overall score, my ATRIX outscored the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 10.1. 0_o
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I'm neck at neck with the Galaxy Nexus. about where I expected to be.
10. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
My Epic 4G Touch got 3076, I guess that's not too bad(?)
43. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Just got 3435, I guess the SGSII aren't too bad.
11. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
My Galaxy S II international version gets 3212.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
okay, Quadrant officially makes no sense anymore and I'm not going to use it anymore. Antutu seems to make the most sense around here.
13. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i can only score a 6150 in antutu which i think makes more sense. having the nexus just barely out score me
16. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
my basic setup, i can make it butter smooth, or i can save battery.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you need to give it a lil time KK, the dev said he is going to upgrade the graphs and such when he gets more information from everyone's benchmarks with the new system.
15. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
this actually has more sense now...
my stock sgs2 scores a lot higher than galaxy nexus, which is logical...
17. sorcio46 (Posts: 425; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Asus Transformer Prime 4300 :D
Samsung Galaxy S CM9-BUILD16 (ICS 4.0.3) 1401
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i might just have to test this on my G2X when i get home
24. JGuinan007 (Posts: 662; Member since: 19 May 2011)
My Inspire 4g running wcx illuminati rom 2.7 3.5sense oc1.5 got 2081 on new quadrant not bad for single core
25. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Max score i got was around 3.2k down from 3.7....what the hell..?
28. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Why does mine still say one core???
Either way, cranked off some good score on Atrix even with 2.2 lol
32. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
My photon got 2200 which while higher overall than the galaxy nexus the cpu portion Was much higher on the galaxy nexus
33. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
On my SGS2 it still says it has 1 core...anyone else have this problem?
34. baldilocks (Posts: 671; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
4280 on my Galaxy S II (i9100) with ICS 4.0.3
35. baldilocks (Posts: 671; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I'd post a screenshot if I knew how to leave a link here....
37. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Just put it on some other site and link it. Dropbox public folder... Or even upload it to FB, and copy the direct img url to link here.
40. baldilocks (Posts: 671; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Ok, let's see if this works:http://tinyurl.com/7ak9s99
36. SamoaJoe (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
First run - 3451
Second run - 3499
Third run - 3587
EDIT: Saying I only have (1) Core under CPU?
38. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Rezound with Senseless 2.0 ICS edition: 2345
Just a little more than the Galaxy Tab haha. and the GN.
App still says only 1 core though...
39. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
GNex with 4.0.3 AOKP and Franco Kernel gets me a 3200.
My Quadrant says there are 2 cores, but it erroneously refers to them as A7 cores. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 4460 based on A9?
Either way, clearly these numbers still hold no water.
41. baldilocks (Posts: 671; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
International Galaxy S II (gt-i9100). Leaked Official ICS 4.0.3 with Touchwiz:
42. ChristosGTR (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
On my stock Galaxy Note i got 3796. Is this incorrect? Cos i saw the other note's got less...