Let the games begin: Microsoft officially sets the Windows Phone 8 event for October 29
Are you waiting with bated breath for Microsoft to really enter the smartphone and tablet game? Better late than never, we'd say, and hope there will be new features in store with the Windows Phone 8 launch.
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
So what Elop said was false.Bad news for nokia that is half owned by MS.MS becoming Apple.
4. mobileharan (Posts: 18; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I don't think that Microsoft is releasing a "phone" .. They are just releasing the software "windows phone 8" ..
8. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The invitation by MS on Oct 29 says "Meet Windows Phone 8"! That refers to the operating system that will be running on phones by Nokia, HTC, and Samsung. Nowhere does it say they will be releasing their own phone on the 29th!
10. KParks23 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
WP8 announced in late oct nokia 920 to market early nov?? i fail to see any problem here only with ur logic!! We all need to back this lumia 920 this will be great competition and with good competition comes even more great products android windows and all!! And MS owns no part of Nokia so again WTF u talking about?
2. phil2n (Posts: 476; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
where is Steve jobs predicting the future?..
PA stop covering apple..
5. StreetNerd (Posts: 720; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
care PA will ban u for a week, like they did to me for posting comments like that :')
11. KParks23 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
LOL ur comment is full of FAIL!! nokia (elop) 920 WP8= WIN
6. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
can't wait. can't wait to go to store and start having look on these win products. this is actually first time I am impatiently waiting for something like this
13. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I heard Windows 8 Pro will cost 69.99 at launch, so I'm definitely buying it as soon as it comes out.
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
thats actually the price of the update if you buy a PC running win7 profesional and upper versions!
but i think win8 will be good for tablet or a touch screen loptop! but for those folk using mouse, i think better stick with win7!