Let down by the iPad Mini’s higher-than-entry-level price? GooPhone has you covered
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 01:57 posted on
For only $99 you could wrap your hand around a GooPad mini. You read that right...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1301; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I would like to buy a Goophone 5 , a Goopad mini,and a Goobook pro please
4. Ohrules (Posts: 305; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
it is amazing how exact a copy GooPhone can made, while keeping the price low, and with respectable specs too
9. himanish26 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
it is amazing how exact a copy SAMSUNG can make, while keeping the price low, and with respectable specs too
10. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's really amazing hits in a few short years Samsung went from making inferior slight copies to making phones which blow away the iPhone in nearly every respect.
19. Aeires (unregistered)
It's easy, they didn't copy Apple's greed.
20. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's amazing how exactly samsung(s3) copied iphone 5...
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I don't know if you are being sarcastic. But Apple wouldn't have this problem if they made this American product in America. That said, do you really think Apple is saving money by using cheap Chinese laborers. At least here, their secrets would not be stolen, easy come, easy go. @ RaKithAPerRiZ.
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1301; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
If they made it in America the production cost will surely make apple products have very high build costs and not to mention workers rights , Apple will either have to subsidize the cost of unit or increase it to a very high premuim price ,
23. Gawain (Posts: 341; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
In any business, no matter what business it is, in the US, THE most expensive part of a business' operation is its employees. Chinese labor is is pennies on the dollar cheaper. We can moralize all we want about that issue. However, what costs Apple $180 to make an iPhone via Foxconn in China would easily cost near $1000 in the States.
To your point about trade secrets, unfortunately, this problem existed before Apple. In fact, it is an issue that Microsoft has been contending with for decades.
2. tusshharish (Posts: 341; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
better than ipad mini...............i like this very much
12. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
How is this better than the iPad mini? You're an idiot.
22. Fallout09 (Posts: 412; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What does the iPad Mini have over this tablet? and it's just $99!
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
hmmm >1.26% more screenspace than ipad mini. :D
13. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Smh at you people wasting your money on crap. Go with apple, at least they have a respectable warranty.
7. Cyberchum (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Hahahahahaha ipad mini got owned lol
iOS themed UI?? If i can remember right (damn sure i can), iOS UI is a glorified Launcher.
15. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Pretty sure the iPad mini didn't get owned? It's clearly way better than this junk.
14. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
You make no sense. You clearly aren't funny.
16. Cyberchum (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
At the price of iPad mini, i'll take this over it anyday, anytime.
17. app_droid_soft (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
goopad...the ipad mini killer is here!!
18. predator93 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
For 99 dollars this tablet has pretty good specifications.
Here is another tablet with similar specifications (except display) and price (around 120 us dollars before tax) for those who are interested :-
21. juwansome (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
$329 for the iPad mini is not a lot for a tablet, and I'm not just saying that because I'm comparing it to the overpriced $499 iPad. A factory unlocked smart-phone costs more than $329. Yeah I know it costs more than other 7-inch android tablets. I wish it was thinner with wide-screen aspect ratio, and also it didn't need a rear camera, in my opinion, and that could have reduced the price down to maybe $249 or less. I don't agree with everything apple does. For example, I still think the iPhone 5 screen is too small, and that's one of the reasons why I use an Android phone.
I'll never understand this device war that has made it's way into forums. I like Google software (Gmail, Chrome, Reader, Drive), the Android OS and Apple iOS. I currently own a Galaxy Nexus phone and an iPad 3. I prefer the widgets and larger screens of Android phones over the iPhone, and I prefer some of the iPad apps over Android tablet apps (for now) such as Facebook and Djay.
I know there are some serious Apple haters and lovers that comment here on Phone Arena. I'm neutral and just sharing my thoughts. Thanks for your time :)
24. networkdood (Posts: 6250; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I will stick with my Nexus 7 - thanks