Lenovo to ship BlueStacks on PCs this Spring
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2013, 20:21 posted on
BlueStacks, which allows you to run Android apps on your PC or Mac, is freely available for download, but Lenovo wants to make sure more people use the product. With that in mind, Lenovo has partnered with BlueStacks, and will begin shipping the software on its Windows PCs and tablet hybrids beginning in the Spring...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
No reason to believe BlueStacks will come to WP8 or RT, but Win 8 is definitely a go
3. speckledapple (Posts: 887; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
First, I do not think you can compare Windows app system to Android since Windows 8 is a full os while Android is a mobile os.
Next, blue stacks is an awesome idea but man if its not rather slow in its operation. I hope they increase its ability going forward to make it much more fluid.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Good point. I was still thinking of Windows RT while writing this. I'll edit the article accordingly.
6. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I agree with you that Bluestack can be extremely slow. Moreover, it consume a lot of ram. If these issues are addressed, then it would be awesome.
4. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
With this, I'll definitely get Win 8. Best of both worlds.