Lenovo thinking of buying RIM?
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2013, 22:58 posted on
The CFO of Chinese handset manufacturer Lenovo said on Thursday that the company is considering a buyout of BlackBerry producer RIM; any deal would receive tough scrutiny in Canada where Prime Minister Stephen Harper once called the company a national "crown jewel," and the deal would also have to be signed off by regulators in the U.S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2419; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
be smart about it rim.........think before you act
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Uh oh, Mr Heins is scared now, better do well on rim and inflate the share price so that Lenovo can't afford to takeover, otherwise....
28. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Very soon Sammy will buy Apple Inc. And then we'll have chat.
16. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 360; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
BB is going to sell only the Hardware division & not the Software division.
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
If that the case it's alright, because Asian oem manage to make monster spec with low cost tho lol
3. blackice214 (Posts: 163; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Someone at rim told me that bb10 was just a stunt to get companies to buy them.
4. predator93 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I won't mind anybody buying anybody as long as they manage the resources well, I just don't want another HP-Palm failure again.
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is a 2 day old news!
and i hope RIM wont! since lenovo is a chinese company, it will just ruin RIM's reputation! since RIM and BB is known for secure messaging (not so secure with their new product, with all the leaks!) so RIM shouldn't sell themselves to them!!
7. lenovo.dont.be.fool (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
This is the first time i agree with mc1123.
Lenovo shouldn't buy RIM.
RIM is a loser. Whoever buy RIM will dead because bbm only work on bb. In a android apple world. Bbm is a junk.
Lenovo don't buy rim. your doing great with your android strategy.
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nicholas, why are you changing your name all the time, PA always ban you?
what i said is a compete different that what you said!
20. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lol jumfe, do you really think that the guy above you is really me ? im not banned and never will
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i didnt say that whoever will buy RIM will be a compete loser or will be just a loss of money, RIM is still on the list of top 10 manufacturers, and its BB7 OS is the current 3rd 9coz if WP is really the 3rd, they should outnumber RIM's sales by now! but they didnt)
coz zgain, RIM and BB is known for secure messaging, and if this will happen, north america and even the european countries wont buy BB coz again, RIM and BB is known for secure messaging and lenovo has close tie with chinese government so this shouldn't happen!
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
just because i didn't appear on bb news for a couple of weeks, doesn't mean i have been banned
8. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
rim don't forget lenovo is a Chinese company. if u sell out to them you will have no chance in hell in the US/north american market.
you know how the american gov' feels about Chinese companies and security...
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yeah, us gov will be piss off
12. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
and if this will happen, RIM will say the real goodbye!
13. raghav.ak (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
I have no issues with Lenovo's competency but I think you're right about the North American Market having issues with Companies from China.
17. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i think what he meant is what i mean above... and i dont have problem with lenovo either on their laptop,since my sister is using one for almost 3 years now...
the problem with this is that RIM is known for having secure messaging and since lenovo (and other chinese company) has close ties with chinese government, since BlackBerry is still widely use in the US government's system coz of its security and even the president himself cant let go of his BlackBerry even he has an iPhone because of again, secure messaging! and if lenovo will ever buy RIM, they can have a peek on that secure messages! and leak it to the chinese government! it is not a wise move by lenovo, coz especially that US is banning chinese companies (huewei and zte) and it will be a destruction of RIM since its strong point is secure messaging! so they better not to.. it will be a wrong move by lenovo.
14. christumaini (Posts: 27; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Think that's bad move/timing for lenovo they better go for nokia instead
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
western companies should be wise and keep their pride! they shouldnt sell themselves on a chinese company!
23. raghav.ak (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Talking about Lenovo being a Chinese Company and how that would influence the North American Market, Lenovo bought Thinkpad off IBM and it has done well. The problem is with Blackberry's secrecy towards Mails and other such stuff, they just might end removing it, it would benefit them in two ways, having lesser outages and cheaper Internet Services and make it only Enterprise for the Corporate Sector, I'm sure there are many individuals who don't need that kind of protection for their Mails. Blackberry really need to re-strategize. If they do and Lenovo does buy them, I just hope they'll maintain that class.
25. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
hey RIM, i honestly think you guys can make a comeback... im thinking this is the "Wong Wai" to go..
29. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yeah..now, when RIM is getting on its feet some china folks wish to buy the company. RIM, don't do it!