Lenovo shows off 5.5" IdeaPhone K900 with 2GHz Intel CPU
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Jan 2013, 20:57
There are a few pretty nice looking devices that we've seen at CES that are going to be heading to the Chinese market, and another one for the list is the Lenovo IdeaPhone K900. It's a 5.5" smartphone/phablet that is sporting some impressive specs, and is actually one of the first phones that will come to market with Intel's new 2GHz Atom processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:05 13
Damn it's getting BIGGER N BETTER every day
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 09 Jan 2013, 03:55 0
Well, bigger is right...better ain't so...
...and this phone, this very phone, puts yesterday's article about 5 inchers being the screen limit of phones to redundancy.
22. g2a5b0e posted on 09 Jan 2013, 08:03 1
If you read the article properly, you'd understand that it was saying that 5" would be the standard, not the limit. Also, look up the definition of the word, "redundancy". It's clearly not the right word for what you're trying to say.
27. Nathan_ingx posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:40 0
My bad...just typed away and didn't look back! :)
26. AnTuTu posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:57 0
Well done Lenovo, definitely nailed it with this one. Great work and best of luck :)
2. tiara6918 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:06 10
wow! an intel made 2ghz processor, imagine what speed it could bring
5. Bedz81 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:12 0
It's not new as it features in the European version of the RAZR M, the RAZR i, hope all the apps now have been optimised for the Intel processor now.
14. Jimstar posted on 09 Jan 2013, 00:32 0
This isn't the same processor as whats in the Razr i. That was a Medfield chip, this is the Lexington if I recall correctly. So it's a generation newer.
That said I really have no idea what any of that means, and I may have my wires crossed in regards to the names. Wish intel would devise a naming convention of some kind even though their total lack of one is almost refreshing.
18. abate posted on 09 Jan 2013, 02:22 0
It'a a powerful dual-core Atom with HT(4 Threads). GPU also powerful enough to match iPad 3, which is better than iPhone 5(PowerVR 543 MP3), Xperia Z (Adreno 320), Nexus 10/Exynos 5250 (Mali 604)
3. PhenomFaz posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:06 0
seems like an awesome device especially with the stainless steel body! wait is the processor a dual or a quad?
16. GALAXY-STORM posted on 09 Jan 2013, 01:38 0
Its more likely to be single core though dual core is a necessity.
17. abate posted on 09 Jan 2013, 02:13 1
It's Atom Z2580, a Dual core processor with HT. (4 Threads)
It's GPU is PowerVR 544 MP2 @533 MHz (This means graphics power will be slightly better than that of iPhone 5 OR same power of iPad 3)
4. qazwsx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:08 0
2ghz mother of god that will be sweet but destroy battery life
6. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:20 0
But the States S3 is running at 2.0Ghz and the international S3 with nimphitmin kernel is clocked at 1.8Ghz rooted. But tho it's I believe it's a Dualcore with Atom CPU are multi-threaded which works like Quadcore.
But love the specs designs and looks.....
7. dwgit posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:45 1
states s3 actually runs on Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz not 2.0ghz FYi!!!!!
12. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 22:43 4
not surprised. TROLL not knowing what they're talking about.
13. TROLL (limited) 4 days ago posted on 08 Jan 2013, 22:47 0
Custom Rom and Kernels you need to Root. Using SetCpu Mctweaker and Ram expander and Linux commands.
8. DroidNexxx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 21:56 3
My Galaxy Note 2 is nothing compare to this monster
11. g2a5b0e posted on 08 Jan 2013, 22:08 7
I'm with mick25 on this one. If you truly had a GN2, you wouldn't believe that.
10. idroidwindow posted on 08 Jan 2013, 22:07 0
New inovation hologram phones they can be as big or small as you want. First one to make one either android, apple, or windows can take all my money. UI dosnt matter to me as long as I can surf, watch and text.
15. joey_sfb posted on 09 Jan 2013, 00:57 1
Now that we have monster hardware hope the software especially the game get updated to take full advantage of it. Like our intel PC era. Games drive tech and sales.
25. SmartPhoneStream posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:02 0
You can switch from the custom ui to stock Android on this phone I believe
21. jibraihimi posted on 09 Jan 2013, 07:27 0
Now we have to wait for the benchmarks, for all the FullHD smartphones launched at CES 2013...........
23. jackhammeR posted on 09 Jan 2013, 10:00 0
a metal clad....looks great...and interchangeable back covers. Finally, an android flagship which looks like a fagship, not a dirt cheap toy.
28. swapnilaxn posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:34 0
i must ask my tailor to make bigger pockets in my Jacket......or take the phone on lathe to trim it to 5". :P
29. qazwsx posted on 10 Jan 2013, 21:38 0
well before you jump down my throte at least consider what I' saying. Why would we NEED that in a phone. In a tablet, yes I can see the use. But honestly i'll take a scaled down 1.6 ghz and save some battery life