Lenovo shows off 5.5" IdeaPhone K900 with 2GHz Intel CPU
0. phoneArena 08 Jan 2013, 20:57 posted on
There are a few pretty nice looking devices that we've seen at CES that are going to be heading to the Chinese market, and another one for the list is the Lenovo IdeaPhone K900. It's a 5.5" smartphone/phablet that is sporting some impressive specs, and is actually one of the first phones that will come to market with Intel's new 2GHz Atom processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6264; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Damn it's getting BIGGER N BETTER every day
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, bigger is right...better ain't so...
...and this phone, this very phone, puts yesterday's article about 5 inchers being the screen limit of phones to redundancy.
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2121; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If you read the article properly, you'd understand that it was saying that 5" would be the standard, not the limit. Also, look up the definition of the word, "redundancy". It's clearly not the right word for what you're trying to say.
27. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
My bad...just typed away and didn't look back! :)
26. AnTuTu (Posts: 686; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Well done Lenovo, definitely nailed it with this one. Great work and best of luck :)
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1364; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
wow! an intel made 2ghz processor, imagine what speed it could bring
5. Bedz81 (Posts: 48; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
It's not new as it features in the European version of the RAZR M, the RAZR i, hope all the apps now have been optimised for the Intel processor now.
14. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
This isn't the same processor as whats in the Razr i. That was a Medfield chip, this is the Lexington if I recall correctly. So it's a generation newer.
That said I really have no idea what any of that means, and I may have my wires crossed in regards to the names. Wish intel would devise a naming convention of some kind even though their total lack of one is almost refreshing.
18. abate (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
It'a a powerful dual-core Atom with HT(4 Threads). GPU also powerful enough to match iPad 3, which is better than iPhone 5(PowerVR 543 MP3), Xperia Z (Adreno 320), Nexus 10/Exynos 5250 (Mali 604)
3. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
seems like an awesome device especially with the stainless steel body! wait is the processor a dual or a quad?
16. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Its more likely to be single core though dual core is a necessity.
17. abate (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
It's Atom Z2580, a Dual core processor with HT. (4 Threads)
It's GPU is PowerVR 544 MP2 @533 MHz (This means graphics power will be slightly better than that of iPhone 5 OR same power of iPad 3)
4. qazwsx (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
2ghz mother of god that will be sweet but destroy battery life
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But the States S3 is running at 2.0Ghz and the international S3 with nimphitmin kernel is clocked at 1.8Ghz rooted. But tho it's I believe it's a Dualcore with Atom CPU are multi-threaded which works like Quadcore.
But love the specs designs and looks.....
7. dwgit (Posts: 37; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
states s3 actually runs on Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz not 2.0ghz FYi!!!!!
12. freebee269 (Posts: 519; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
not surprised. TROLL not knowing what they're talking about.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Custom Rom and Kernels you need to Root. Using SetCpu Mctweaker and Ram expander and Linux commands.
8. DroidNexxx (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
My Galaxy Note 2 is nothing compare to this monster
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2121; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm with mick25 on this one. If you truly had a GN2, you wouldn't believe that.
10. idroidwindow (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
New inovation hologram phones they can be as big or small as you want. First one to make one either android, apple, or windows can take all my money. UI dosnt matter to me as long as I can surf, watch and text.
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 2780; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Now that we have monster hardware hope the software especially the game get updated to take full advantage of it. Like our intel PC era. Games drive tech and sales.
25. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
You can switch from the custom ui to stock Android on this phone I believe
21. jibraihimi (Posts: 683; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Now we have to wait for the benchmarks, for all the FullHD smartphones launched at CES 2013...........
23. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
a metal clad....looks great...and interchangeable back covers. Finally, an android flagship which looks like a fagship, not a dirt cheap toy.
28. swapnilaxn (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
i must ask my tailor to make bigger pockets in my Jacket......or take the phone on lathe to trim it to 5". :P
29. qazwsx (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
well before you jump down my throte at least consider what I' saying. Why would we NEED that in a phone. In a tablet, yes I can see the use. But honestly i'll take a scaled down 1.6 ghz and save some battery life