Lenovo S920, with 5.3 inch screen, ready for Chinese launch on April 8th
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2013, 01:51 posted on
Earlier this month, we showed you a leaked photograph of the Lenovo S920 which is now available for pre-orders in China; with a back design that almost screams HTC, the device carries a 5.3 inch display, a quad-core 1.2GHz MediaTek processor but with only a 720p resolution display, just 1GB of RAM and that ridiculously light 2250mAh battery, Lenovo does not have a high-end device here which is a shame...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks cool, but only 1 GB of ram, 8 MP camera? Lenovo needs to make it "bigger"!
2. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
S920? What is this?! Copying both Samsung and Nokia with the name?
14. KennethP4V (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
yh wtf is this, i thought even though Lenovo is a Chinese comp, it's different from the rest of the pack, since they paid IBM to bought the computer business instead of copying and make clones. Now they just straight up copy 98% of an HTC design. Now i realize, all Chinese are the same., no exception.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
That camera design, seems familiar.. I wonder where did I see that lol
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Actually if you look at the front and back and even the black and white color combination it is a copy from our one x
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol spoiler :p
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lenovo Xperia One S920 priced somewhere around the same as a ZTE.
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
8. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
cool!!! very affordable how i hope they will not sacrifice the quality of the software with that price im looking forward to that my goodness!! last year's flagship is nowadays midrange fast innovation!!
9. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Dont worry tol, Lenovo's android software/Skin is near Stock, even at dual core it's buuuutttery smooth. There's barely any bloatware to worry about. Also Lenovo's UI is like a very toned down Go Launcher EX btw. . . (Lenovo s890 owner)
13. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
wow!!! tlga?! that makes me excited!! im looking for an alternative phone that would not cost me much hopefully it will land here in the Philippines very soon!!!
15. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yes. I myself is surprised to find out that Lenovos software is optimized very good. This phone might retail at 1399 - 1499 when it hit our shores. As for the date, either May or June as the earliest. Dang this phone is drool worthy for the price.
16. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
are you pertaining for the lenovo s890 to hit our shore by may or june? i heard it was already launched last feb? this lenovo s920 make me excited!! how i hope it'll arrive soon as early as april:( i'd like to have one! im just curious how was the performance of your s890? does it still suffer the typical android stutters or barely?
17. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I was referring to the s920, 4 months lang ata it’ll probably arrive na in our shores.
18. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I’ve notice stuttering
only in the message thread, thats primarily because when loading the specific thread I’m already scrolling it. all in all you wont notice any.
11. BitterTruth (unregistered)
For $350 it is a good deal.
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Being an American, these words are hard to type... China is #1 when it comes to Smartphone Super Powers... There, I said (typed) it. O.0 Hope the U.S.A. can bring back some of those Jobs. Get it, Apple.